Chapter 6

Tristan

I can't get her out of my head.

Not the entire night of the cocktail party.

Not the next morning when I wake up with an annoying headache.

Not the entire week that I run around the city, doing my brother's bidding.

Not when I'm training in the ring.

Not once.

I feel like a man obsessed. She's made me into every other fool in this city: Obsessed with her.

I shouldn't have done it.

I don't regret kissing her. But I probably shouldn't have done that.

It was one of the best moments of my entire fucking life holding her in my arms, taking what I wanted, what I've always denied myself, making her fall apart for me.

I can't get hard for anything else but the thought of her coming for me.

I never let myself have anything good. Caitlin is the ultimate good. I'm so undeserving, it actually makes me sick to think about tainting her with my darkness. But then again, I already have.

For once, one night, I just wanted to give into my insane feelings for this girl who has been dancing through my mind for far too long. At least I could say I had her once.

"What's with you today?" Sean asks.

We're at the gym training, but I'm admittedly distracted. Sean's already gotten two good punches on me. If we were in a real ring, I'd have lost twice.

I shake my head, "A lot on my mind."

Sean gives me a look. "About?"

I give him a look back.

As if my emotionally stunted brother could help me in any capacity with whatever the fuck was going on with me.

"Nothing," I mutter.

The gym door opens, emitting a beam of light that's blinding in the darkness of the underground gym.

Parker and Caitlin walk in. Of fucking course.

I grit down on my jaw, forcing myself to look away.

"Ah, there he is!" Parker cries obliviously. "Where've you been the last few days, man?" my friend asks, grinning at me as he and his sister make their way towards the practice mats.

"Busy," I grit out.

Sean shoots me a look.

Now he definitely knows something's up.

I let myself look at Caitlin. But only for a few seconds.

She's attached to her brother's hip.

She wears black sports leggings and a dark pink sports shirt which crisscrosses in the back, showing off her perfect back. I never knew a woman's back could be so fucking sexy. She's got her hair braided into pig tails. And I don't let myself think about all the things I could do with those pig tails.

Nolan whistles low under his breath from beside me so Parker can't hear.

I shoot my friend a look.