Chapter 16

Tristan

I wake up with a throbbing headache and worst of all, the overwhelming feeling of having fucked up beyond comprehension. I can't take back the way I acted yesterday towards Caitlin. I can't push down the real and genuine fear I have over having a child, but Ronan and Sean did make me feel better. Despite it all.

I never should have acted the way I did.

I asked her to be patient with me, but I also promised never to run off.

There was no worse feeling than knowing I hurt her.

I groan and push myself up from where I fell asleep on Ronan's sofa. The smell of bacon cooking in the kitchen beckons me. I need some water or something for this killer headache. I enter the kitchen and see Ronan in his casual Sunday clothes standing over the stovetop, cooking. What a sight.

Mira sits on the stool at the island, openly checking out her husband.

They're making me sick, but also jealous.

"Morning," Mira smiles at me when she notices me walk in.

I grumble and open the fridge, grabbing the carton of orange juice.

Then I remember everything that transpired last night. With a slow turn, I look at Mira. She's still openly ogling Ronan. When she realizes I'm staring at her, she blinks at me several times. I put the OJ down and come over to her, wrapping her in the world's biggest hug. Mira giggles wildly.

"What are you doing, Tris?" she laughs.

"Congratulations, sis!" I smile into her black hair.

Mira gasps and leans back. "How did you know?"

Ronan sighs. "It came out last night. I'm sorry, my only. I know you wanted to tell everyone together."

"I can keep a secret," I smirk.

Mira hugs me again, happy tears in her eyes. At least I can react well to one woman's pregnancy. She rubs my back lovingly, like a mother might.

"You okay, Tris?" she whispers in my ear.

"Of course," I lie, smiling as best as possible.

Mira cocks her head. "What did you do..."

I sigh and explain myself. Mira gives me one slap to the back of the head, but otherwise nods sympathetically as I explain what happened when I found out.

"Wow, I can't believe you knocked her up...thank god she didn't marry Damien. Can you even imagine?" she mutters.

Ronan chuckles. "That's what I said."

I roll my eyes at them. "So, what do I do?"

"Prepare to grovel," Mira grins into her tea. "She'll forgive you. Caiti understands you. That's why you married each other."

I run a frustrated hand through my hair.

I was helping nothing but standing here and not going to her right now.

As soon as I'm about to storm out back to the main house to find my wife, Sean and Cal come storming into the kitchen, Mickey and Joe in toe.

Cal has a serious sort of panicked look on his face that I recognize well.

Something is wrong.