giving in

from as long as he could remember, Stu had always known Billy to hypothetically fall to his knees at most of the requests he asks him to do, or not even directly asks him. if Stu complains he's thirsty, Billy will just get up non conspicuously and be back with some water a few minutes later then act if he didn't do anything. if Stu really wants to go see a movie, Billy will show up with either the video tape or ask if Stu wants to go to the movies. Stu had no idea why but he wasn't going to start complaining. it felt good Billy cared about him, because Stu cared about Billy. a whole lot. maybe a little more than he should've for a boy but Billy didn't have to know that... 

anyway! the whole reason for this rant was specifically that. Billy had gotten up a few minutes ago after Stu said, mostly to himself, that this movie could use some popcorn. he didn't really want the popped kernels, he was just simply saying it'd just fit the vibe more. 

Stu stared longingly at the entrance Billy had walked through a few minutes ago so he could see the exact second Billy walked in. He knew he was going to see a popcorn bowl as well. he ready heard it being poured. 

Stu pursed his lips as he knitted his eyebrows together unconsciously, trying to figure out why Billy was doing all of this. Don't get him wrong, Billy was great, but that didn't mean he was a good person or cared that deep for any friend of his. he wouldn't go out of his way to make his own girlfriend feel content. Sidney says stuff all the time, but Billy either shrugs it off or he agrees and then moves on. it just seemed weird to the taller male. 

'His own Girlfriend!' Stu says to himself in his mind before getting snapped back into reality as the kitchen light was turned off and Billy emerged from the darkness with a bright red bowl with popcorn filled to the brim. 

"here. what'd i miss?" Billy spoke, quickly turning the conversation over to the horror movie they were watching tonight. 

Stu didn't say anything, just kind of stared for a few seconds. Billy furrowed his own eyebrows and looking around uncomfortably. 

"you good dude..? the hell's wrong with you, did the movie scare you that ba-"

"why do you do this?" Stu suddenly blurted out, cutting Billy off. 

Billy's eyebrows furrowed more in confusion, "What?" 

"I mean-" Stu sighed, getting frustrated that he couldn't find the right words to say, "I mean like- why do you like, do stuff for me?"

"cause you're my friend? dude what are-" 

"no! l-like, I don't know! I feel like its different.." 

Billy stood still for a few seconds before reaching over to grab the remote to pause the movie. his full attention was now on Stu. 

"look, if you didn't want popcorn you could've stopped me." 

Stu rolled his eyes. how could someone as smart and pretty as Billy be so DUMB at the same time?  "this isn't about the stupid popcorn. its about... how you just do everything I say, or ask of you. and I don't think its just because we're friends because you don't do that with Randy or- or Tatum, a-and not even Sidney! I didn't want to bring it up before because it would feel like I was ungrateful, which I'm not! its just, I don't know man, confusing I guess. sorry." Stu looked down at his lap, hands fidgeting nervously. again, just because Billy was great (in Stu's eyes), it didn't mean he was a good person.  

Billy inhaled sharply after Stu's little speech, looking all over Stu's face. 

"I.. I just... I don't know. I don't know why I do the things I do. all I know is that you're the lead suspect for them." Billy got quieter at the end of his sentence but not quiet enough Stu couldn't hear him.

"so you're saying I'm the problem?" Stu lifted up his head, raising a brow to question. 

"not exactly."

"Then what?"

"I don't know. I don't know why I feel the way I do around you Stu, so its safe to assume you're like, the problem. you make me want to do tings I don't normally want to do, for anyone. I don't want to help much really, if I have to I will but nothing like getting someone water or popcorn even if they never ask. I don't care about people, but you... you're different. you make me feel different."

A few seconds pass. Then a minute. Two minutes go by and the two males still don't say a word to each other. They're just.. staring. 

Stu was too stunned to speak. Did Billy really just say that? He had to be dreaming, right? No way in hell Billy, Billy Loomis, would ever say that. Especially to someone like Stu. But, he did. The actions from before show that it was real too. Still, Stu couldn't believe it. Was it some cruel joke? He couldn't find a hint of malice behind those beautiful, half lidded brown eyes of his. Either he was really good at hiding his emotions, which he sometimes is good at hiding them, or that it was the truth. 

"You wanna take a picture princess?" Billy tried joking, so it wasn't completely silent.

"I make you feel different? h-how-"

Billy sighed, shaking his head before sitting down next to Stu, grabbing his shoulders roughly. "I'm not good at explaining so.. do you mind if I show you..?" 

Stu breathed in slowly before nodding, trusting Billy with whatever he was going to 'show' him. 

Billy leaned in slowly, eyes flickering from Stu's eyes to his lips. And before another thought screamed at Billy to stop, that this was wrong, especially with a best friend, Billy had already been moving. In just a few split seconds, Billy's lips were on Stu's. kissing him. kissing... Stu. and Stu kissed back, hands quickly shooting up to cup Billy's face. 

Stu could get used to this.