Chapter 11

I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. Nobody else was up yet except for Ms Campbell.

I was all excited about something I wanted to talk to her about again.

"Ms Campbell, there's something I wanna talk to you about again. And I hope you can pass it on to the base commander."

"And what might that be?" She said while making breakfast.

"I wanna know if it would be ok if Casey, Maddie, and me can be the Rodeo Color Guard? Plus recruit other students. It's also a part of my coaching class, since I'm learning how to coach. It's something the school can market and sell."

"That's up to your coach to talk to Allen. That's not my job. Yes I founded this school. Yes, I'm the main person over this school. But I hired Allen as the base commander. He's the second in command."

"Well, wouldn't that make you the main person to talk to about it?"

She thought about that for a few minutes. "You're right, Stevie. Ok, you have my consent. But talk to your coach. He may have an office for you."

I squealed in delight and hugged her. "Thanks, Ms Campbell!"

I ran back upstairs and told Maddie and Casey the great news. They jumped in delight as well. We hugged each other.

"Let's go talk to Coach Scott about it." Casey said joyfully.

"Yeah." Maddie said.

"Yep, let's go." I said.

We ran out of the house and ran over to the athletic center and talked to Coach Scott. We found him in his office. We knocked on his door.

"Coach, we wanna talk with you for a few minutes." I said. "It's important to us." I pointed at the three of us.

"Sure. Come in and sit down." He waved us in and pointed to three chairs in front of the desk.

We sat down opposite him. We each drew deep breaths and smiled.

"That was a great performance the last two nights, Stevie."

"Thanks Coach."

"You're welcome. What can I do for you guys?"

"Well, we wanna start a Rodeo Color Guard on horseback." I said. "I wanna coach it with your supervision and their help.

"It's something this school can market and sell. It'll be an eye catcher in the brochures, on the side of the buses, in the school catalog, and in the Stillwater Newspaper.

"Plus we have Ms Campbell's blessing."

Coach twisted his chair from side to side and tapped his pencil on his chin. He pointed at us and smiled. He let out a happy sigh. He shook his pencil more vigorously.

"You kids have a deal. But I want you, Stevie to coach it. It must have been your idea because you're the one who brought it to my attention while your friends supported you and backed you up on it. Do we have a deal, Stevie?"

"Deal." We shook on it.

"Good. I want you kids, to come back tomorrow morning and I'll have an office for you three. I will be sharing an office with Stevie. Maddie and Casey, the two of you will also share an office."

We looked at each other, smiled, and then we looked back at Coach Scott and smiled from ear to ear.

"You've gotta deal, Coach." We said joyfully in unison. We took turns shaking his hand.

We walked out of the athletic center high-fiving each other and walking on cloud nine. We went back to the dorm laughing and entered the house. We found Ms Campbell cleaning the living room and explained everything to her.