Chapter 21

The Las Vegas Rodeo was approaching fast. Once again I was forced to do a count down until the rodeo. But that wouldn't start until we got to Vegas.

We wouldn't be leaving until the following day. So we set about making more belt buckles, toys, and etc. Once again, I carved, sanded, painted, and varnished. Then I sent them to the packagers. Soon we had enough products. So I went and printed out my books and pictures. Then I set out to burning DVD's and CD's. Soon we had enough products.

Barbara walked up to me. "Stevie, we need more blood from you for Las Vegas. Are you up to it?"

"Yep Barbara, I'm up for it. I'll follow you."

"Ok Stevie, follow me to your room. That way you won't have to walk all the way from my office to your room. Plus you will be comfortable in your room."

"Sounds great, Barbara." I actually led the way to my room. I opened the door, entered, and sat on my bed. I got as comfortable as I could. I then offered her my left arm.

She wiped the crook of my arm and let it dry. She got the supplies ready and waited until I gave her the ok to start.

I felt the cold rise up and I held it in place. "Now!"

Barbara inserted the needle and attached a vial. She kept changing it out until she had a total of fifteen vials.

I felt the heat start to rise up again. "Stop!"

She immediately pulled the needle out. Then she taped a cotton ball on the site of the small wound. Which was a waste of time. Because it had already crusted over. She gently moved the vials, mixing up the blood.

She then gave me some honey crackers and I ate them. Ms Campbell brought me a plate of spaghetti and meatballs plus a glass of soda. I ate and drank every bit of it. Then I fell asleep.
*****
I woke up and I was in the mobile home. "How did I get in here?"

"Your Dad carried you in and laid you down." Casey said. "Maddie buckled you up.

"Ok, I understand now."

"Get some more sleep. We have over seventeen hours until we hit Las Vegas." Maddie said.

I sat up. "I can't sleep anymore, Maddie." I yawned. "I'm too excited because of Vegas."

So I started writing new songs, Lovers Lane, Sweet Las Vegas, Las Vegas At The Center Of My Heart, and Sweet Dreams.

Then I started writing a book by the name of Diamond Rose.

We then played games. Monopoly, Charades, Bingo, Mexican Dominos, Uno, Dominos, Mexican Bingo, Speed, Rummy, and etc.

Then I grabbed my guitar and started singing the new songs. My backup singers joined in where necessary. My band played air musical instruments so they would be well versed with the music as with all my other songs.

Then I went back to writing my new book. Halfway through the trip, I was through with the book. I then proceeded to edit my book. I was through before I knew it. I then printed out copies. A boy named Mitch bound them and made them into novels. Soon we had plenty of copies. Then Jessica put the price tags on them. I checked one out and found the barcode, the EIN Number, and etc. Then we stacked them in boxes. When it came time to get a room for the night, we would be putting the boxes in the product trailer.

We all laid down and went to sleep. As per usual, I listened to my country music CD until I fell asleep.
*****
Four days until the rodeo.

When I woke up, Ms Campbell was laying down asleep. Allen was driving. I saw the Las Vegas Welcome Sign. I woke everyone up. I shook them awake.