Chapter 15

We loaded up all the tack into the trailers and then we loaded ourselves up in the mobile homes and headed home to Stillwater Oklahoma. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got some hot chocolate, some coffee, and some donuts. Then we were on our way once more.

It took us almost two hours to get back home. But it seemed like it took forever. Once there, we unloaded the trailers, put the tack away, and hugged each other. We were disappointed about our horses. We missed them so much. But there was nothing we could do about it.

Ms Campbell came up to us to talk to us. "Alright, I just received a phone call. It turns out the police investigation turned up some information as to who poisoned your horses. And it turned out that the Sherman Color Guard Team are jealous of what you guys can do. They're the ones who did it. They were arrested this morning and taken to Juvenile Hall. The rodeo is back on in two weeks if you guys want to do it."

"Do we?" We all said happily. "You bet we want to do it. But what about horses? We can't do it without horses."

"Good." Dad said as he walked my most prized horse, Boomer who has healed nicely.

"Boomer! You're healed!" I hugged him and kissed his nose. He hugged me back.

"Yay!" Everyone said as they ran to collect their horses as well.

We led them into their stalls and let them rest. Once we were back out of the stables it was my turn to speak.

"Thanks Dad!" I said.

I cleared my throat. "Ok everyone, we have work to be done. And I mean work.

"One, we need belt buckles to sell. So I need teams for that."

I immediately had a team of ten.

"Two, we need pictures of each one of us and as a unit. They're selling big time. I need teams."

Again, I immediately had another team of ten.

"Third, we need DVD's of the parade, of the concert, of the training, and so forth. They're selling big time as well. I need teams."

"I immediately had another team of ten.

"I myself love working with the carving, painting, and varnishing. So I know what I will be doing.

"Four, we need some lollipops with our logo on the wrappers. They're selling big time as well. So I..."

"We'll do it." I immediately had a team of five.

"Is there anything else any of you can think of that we might need for the fundraisers?"

Everyone said no. So I took their words for It.

Then my band showed up. Nicole spoke. "Stevie, how about a concert at the Walmart?"

"That's a great idea!" Ms Campbell said.

"Alright, we'll do the concert. Which means, I'll be writing some new songs.

"We work with our horses in the mornings, starting tomorrow. In the afternoons, we work on the fundraiser merchandise. Starting tomorrow. That way the horses won't get too hot in the afternoons. Any questions?" I waited for any questions. "In the evenings, my band and me will practice for the concerts. Any questions?"

"No Ma'am!" Everyone said with respect.

Casey walked up to me. "Well Captain, we can see, we picked the right person for the job. Great job, Captain."

Everyone cheered.

"Thanks." I said. "We have the rest of the day off. So enjoy it while you can. Because tomorrow, it's back to work. Do y'all understand?"