Chapter 5

I bolted out of bed, quickly made the bed and jumped into some comfy sweats and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to get my breakfast of hot cakes, eggs, sausage, and hash browns. Plus a glass of milk.

"Everyone's talking about your performance yesterday, Stevie!" Maddie said. "The whole school can't believe we won the trick riding this year! It's awesome!"

"I know, right?" I said.

"By the way, Stevie." Ms Campbell said. "Barbara wants to see you. Something to do with her finding a cure."

"Great!" I exclaimed. "Thanks."

I wrapped my breakfast tacos up in the hot cakes and then in aluminum foil and ran out the door. I made my way to the doctor's office and ran inside.

"She's waiting in her office for you, Stevie." Nurse Jackie said.

"Thanks." I said.

I walked into the back, knocked on the door, and waited for an answer. It wasn't long until I got one.

"Come in, Stevie." Barbara said.

I entered the office, closed the door behind me, and sat down. I waited until she was done with what she was working on. It didn't take her long. She looked up and picked up an item.

"Stevie, do you know what this is?"

"Yeah Barbara, I do. It's an EpiPen. Why?"

I used the bee antivenom in your blood. I also added a buffer known as Tylenol. So the person won't feel any pain. I also added some Erythromycin to it. Then I tried it on a zombie while you were gone. It cured the zombie. I vaccinated everyone here and tested their blood and found out, they're also immune to the Zombie Virus now. So now, there's EpiPens with the cure slash vaccine in them. So, I'm giving you a handful so you can vaccinate people and cure the zombies as well."

"That's great news, Barbara! Will it also be in pill form?"

She handed me three bottles. "Once per day for three days." Barbara said.

She also handed me a handful of syringes as well. I let out a sigh of relief. I took the EpiPens, syringes, and the medicine bottles that was handed to me. I put them in my jacket pockets.

"Ok Stevie, I'll let you go so you can eat your breakfast."

"Thanks Barbara."

"You're welcome, Stevie." We shook hands.

I stood up and left the doctor's office, sat under a tree, and ate the tacos. I threw my trash away and ran into the house. All my friends were sitting in the living room.

"Guess what guys?" I said enthusiastically.

"What?" My friends asked.

"I'm carrying the cure for the Zombie Virus! And so we have the cure slash vaccine in EpiPens, syringes, and pills!"

"That's wonderful!" Liam said.

"We already know." Maddie said.

"I know y'all know." I said. "I'm just so excited. So I just had to tell y'all."

We all laughed. I ran upstairs and grabbed my laptop. I ran back downstairs, opened up my laptop. I clicked into Google Docs and opened my history paper file. I practiced giving my paper so I would be ready for Monday. When I was through, all my friends clapped.

"Maddie, will you help me with Boomer?"

"Sure Stevie."

I put my laptop down and we headed out to the stables. I lead Boomer outside and let him graze. Me and Maddie cleaned his stall until it shined. I cleaned his water bucket and food bucket while Maddie put fresh straw down. I carried both buckets into the stall. I filled Boomer's food bucket and Maddie filled his water bucket. We both grabbed brushes and headed out to Boomer. We gave him a thorough brushing until he shined. We left him in the pen so he could run and enjoy himself. Then we did the same with Angel.