The Sith Arise

Severus Thorn's P.O.V

It's been weeks since I've come back. It was nice getting a break. Nothing to infiltrate, no planet to defend, no Jedi to rescue. It's mostly been just sparring with Rose and Anakin. Anakin was holding back that one time we fought. He is a better duelist than Master Windu gives him credit for. Kenobi has been on a relentless hunt for the Shadow. He hasn't spoken a word to me since we rescued the Chancellor. And he hasn't been back for a while. 

"Hey! Focus!" A voice snapped me out of my thinking.

A green double-bladed saber was spinning in my direction. I quickly ducked down, and the saber sailed above me, and then was pulled back into the hands of Rose. She spun her saber. 

"C'mon now. Pay attention. I want a real challenge." She said, getting into her Jar'Kai stance. She glanced to the side, watching her master, Ki-Adi-Mundi, spar with Master Windu. It was a duo match. Master Mundi deflected and defended with the same speed of Master Windu's aggressive and relentless attacks. Watching them work was like watching a blur of purple and blue. She focused back to me, and planted her feet.

I rushed towards her. She swung her saber for me to run into, but I quickly slid to the ground, using my momentum to slide past her, and sweep her legs. She fell to the ground with a grunt and dropped her saber, the green blades shutting off. I pointed my purple blade at her chest.

"Guess I win." I said, grinning. 

She scoffed. "Did you think it was gonna be that easy, Thorn." She thrusted her hand out at me, and I was sent flying back. She got back up, and pulled her lightsaber hilt to her hands. My saber was knocked out of my hand. I reached out in the Force to pull it back to my hand, but Rose was already closing the distance between us, instead of pulling the saber to my hand, I drop my focus on it and grab her arm, spinning her out of control. She stumbled, but easily regains her footing and slashes at me. I quickly step back and give her a swift kick to the leg. Her stance faltered and I pushed her back with the Force. I used this area of time to pull my saber to my hands, and I ignited. 

Our sabers clashed, white sparks ejecting from the blades. I step back, breaking the clash and then attempt to slash her back. She rolls forward, and she throws her saber at me while I throw my own at her. The blades hit each other and spin away. We were about to square off in hand-to-hand before the bell rung. I dropped my stance and picked up my saber. 

"Another draw." Master Windu said, sweating profusely, like the rest of us. 

"You sure you don't want to go another ten rounds?" Rose asked me. 

I chuckled. "Oh, I'm sure. You getting any new missions lately?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm going on a mission to Onderon to "help" some of the rebels there. Im going with Master Skywalker, Kenobi, and Ahsoka. Then I'm leading the younglings to Ilum with Ahsoka. How about you?" 

"Actually, my mission might be more interesting than yours." I chuckled. "I have no idea, but I'm gonna pull off a big mission with a a clone commando group. They're called Delta Squad. Never lost a mission. But that's in a few weeks." (Republic Commando fans unite) 

She nodded. "Sounds fun. I'll catch you later." 

I walked back to my quarters. My whole body was sore. After a quick shower, and changing my robes, I could most likely practice Force Judgement for a bit. I was getting more and more powerful with it. That was partially Revan. Instead of him taking control over my body more and more, it feels like it's more of an exchange of the Force. It's difficult to describe. On my way back, I passed Kenobi. He glanced at me, and then continued walking.