Delta Squad

(Republic Commando fans thank me later)

I walked right next to my Master. Both of us were silent as we walked through the temple halls. When we got to Coruscant, we dropped Ventress off in the slums of Coruscant, per her request, after Obi-Wan and I arrived at the Jedi Temple, and, after talking with the council, Master Windu got me from my room, and now, we were walking in silence. I hoped it was just a reassuring word or a reminder before my mission. But as we walked, I started to recognize where we were going. The Council chambers. This wasn't good. Master Kenobi has most likely reported my use of Force Judgement too. When we arrived at the doors, Master Windu stopped and looked down at me. He shook his head, and we entered. I stepped to the center of the room, while my master sat in his council chair, next to Master Yoda. Master Kenobi had his legs crossed, stroking his beard and staring blankly at me. Master Plo had his hands folded, leaning forward and peering at me. I reached out in the Force, feeling the presence around me. I was met with coldness, and hostility. Except from Master Plo. There was warmth. He was understanding. 

"Padawan Thorn. We have been told that you went against your Master's orders and accompanied Master Kenobi on a mission meant for only him." Master Ki-Adi-Mundi said. 

"I had to help him. I have had experience fighting a Sith. My efforts saved his life." I protested.

Master Saessee Tiin spoke up. "Yet, Maul remains alive. As well as his brother. Your efforts proved ineffective it seems."

"With all due respect to Master Kenobi, he would have been dead had I not intervened." I said. 

"And you intervened using forbidden use of the Force." Master Windu said, staring me dead in the eye. I could sense the disappointment radiating off him. 

"In the Padawan's defense, he has not turned, and does not let his emotions control him when using this ability." Master Plo said. "I myself, use this ability, and feel no rage nor anger." 

I nodded in thanks. 

Master Yoda grumbled. "Hm. A Padawan, Thorn is. A Master, Master Plo is. Different, they are." 

"I've been shown to exceed the ability of Jedi Knights." I said. "Even Jedi Masters." I looked around the room, giving some masters a cold stare. "And half of the Council members in this room." 

"Padawan Thorn! Keep yourself in line." My Master said, his voice becoming stern. There was dead silence in the room. "Enough of this. Padawan Thorn, you will not confront Maul or his brother again, and if you do, there will be SEVERE consequences. You will go on your mission that is due with Delta Squad. When you return, you and I will have a private word." 

I nodded. At least I'm not expelled. "And what are my mission details?" I asked.

"Find out." Master Windu said, his jaw clenched. "Go to the hangar, there's a gunship waiting."

There was a standoff in the Force between me and my Master as we stared each other down. We didn't need the Force to convey our message.

"Stand down." His voice was loud in my head as it rang through my ears.

I sent the same energy back. "Make me." We did this often, communicating through the Force. 

I turned around and stormed off, using the Force to make the Council chamber doors slam shut behind me. 

I walked at a fast pace, my robe flowing gracefully yet angrily. They didn't understand. As much as I admired my Master, he was wrong on many levels. He is the personification of discipline and power. That's the problem. He uses his emotions to his advantage when in battle but not communicating. Just a neutral face. Although, there is the occasional smirk and sense of pride, or sheer dissatisfaction.