2

The whole period, the girl beside me occupied my thoughts. I tried so hard to focus on what my teacher is saying, but I could feel her stare at me. I don't know what her deal is nor have any plan on entertaining whatever game she is planning.

But why am I affected by her stare? Why do I feel suddenly conscious about what was I wearing and thinking that I should've put a lot of thought into what would I wear today. Knowing that Brittany was eyeing me most of the time instead of the teacher, I couldn't seem to concentrate.

Why the fuck am I affected?

As soon as I heard the bell dismiss us, I hurried to get my stuff under my seat and ran from Brittany. Before I completely exited the room, I heard her speak.

"Later, Thompson!"

That Bitch! What's her problem?

I ran to my locker and stuff my books in there. There are only fifteen minutes of free time before the second period. Reese is also in hurry to stuff her things in her locker, hers was just across mine. 

When I slammed my locker closed, I heard a loud thud and that made me turn my back. Reese was already on the floor while the she-devil and her minions walk past her laughing.

I tend to Reese and helped her stand up before speaking up.

"Hey, mean girls!" I called on them. I heard Reese gasp and felt her pulling me, trying to stop what was coming but my head is boiling and my insides are burning.

"Isn't it getting old? Still trying to prove how ass of a girls you are?" I did not think but just spoke out of my wit, all I know is I was too pissed at them for what they did and so sick of their bullying.

Brittany stops walking and her minions did too. I know she heard me. She turned around and walk toward us. 

Why was it in slow motion though? Was it just me?

Her strawberry blonde hair made a turn like it was in a shampoo commercial. Her face doesn't hold any emotion, though she was smiling, it looked empty to me.

I suddenly felt nervous and my bravery receded. But I cannot show it, especially to her and especially to what I just said. The kids circled around us, some has their phones up ready to record the fight.

Brittany stops just one step from me. The distance was too close for my liking, I got whiffed of her scent and it almost made me forget my purpose. Her piercing electric blue eyes stared at me intently, her lips painted a smirk.

"Feisty, I like it." It was not what I expected. I expected her to throw some of her signature rude comebacks

Like I was not comfortable enough, she lean over till her lips were just inches from my ear.

"You being pissed, I find it hot." The words were just for me, it was not heard even by Reese who was standing close to me. Her hot breath sends a shiver down my spine.

How could this girl have that effect on me?

Before I could think of anything, Brittany pull herself away from me but left a wink before disappearing into the crowd.

What the hell was that?

Reese was pulling my arm up and down, confusion written all over her face.

"What was that, Jo? What did she say?" I heard her ask me. there's no way I would tell her what Brittany said.

She thinks... I'm hot?

Why did my insides flip thinking about that? And what are those tingling in my stomach mean? Why do I feel all my blood rushing through my cheeks? 

"Jo? You okay? Let's go before the bell goes off." Reese pulled me from my trance.

"Uhh, y-yeah." Why do I need to stutter?

The crowd dispersed as we walked, I could hear the whispers around me but can't make out what they were saying.

"What did she say, Jo?" Reese asked again.

"Umm, n-nothing, just rude comments." I hid my face from her and walk a little bit faster.

"We'll be late, I'll see you at the last period." I told her without looking back.

Damn you, Brittany! 

The second and third periods went very fast. It was the first day of school and I did not understand a thing. Most of the kids must've heard already what happened in the hallway, they throw looks at me then whispers.

I normally don't care but it was affecting me, like a lot.

The fourth period comes, I seated at the back this time and waited for Reese to come. I look around and the same shit, staring and whispering.

The whispers became loud when Brittany and the three minions walk inside.

Just my lucky day!

All four of them are looking at me but my eyes were focused on their leader. She was smiling coyly, aware of the attention we are getting. She's loving it, it was written on her face like she was celebrating that she was pissing me off.

Wait. Pissing me off. I look hot when I was pissed. Wait. Is she doing it on purpose? Because... she finds it hot?

I looked away thinking about that. Whatever game she's playing, I don't have any plan of falling for it.

They sat just a row after me where I could still get a clear view of Brittany, and I know she could see me too if she would look after her shoulder. 

Reese beats the bell by just two seconds. She was panting and walked towards me. And before she could even reach me, she stumbled on her stomach. My eyes followed Reese's fall and saw a foot intended to block her step and caused her to stumble. It was that redhead minion of Brittany who was in my first period.

The classroom burst into laughter as Reese's face hit the concrete. 

I ran to her and helped her stand up. When I looked up, my eyes found those electric blue eyes. I am really really mad and she saw it in my face, I stood up and clenched my fist ready to punch their faces!

"Ms. Thompson!" I heard my teacher yell but I didn't care. I crossed the distance between where I was standing and Brittany's seat. I'm burning with anger and I could see the fear on the three minions' faces.

"Ms. Thompson! Get back to your seat!" My teacher made sure that I would hear her this time. Reese was tugging on my arm begging me to go back.

Just one punch, one fucking punch!

Brittany's eyes found mine, it was not the normal look and definitely not what I was expecting. Her eyes softened like it was almost apologetic, her facial features followed her eyes and for a second, just for a second, I almost believe her.

"Ms. Thompson! If you don't go back to your seat, you will do detention after class!" I could hear the warning in my teacher's voice. I looked at her and she was pointing at my seat. I glared back at Brittany who was now cunningly smiling at me.

That bitch!

I went back to my seat with a heavy heart, I heard Brittany's minions laughing and I growled internally in anger.

Reese was now sitting beside me stroking my arm, trying to calm me. I looked at her guilty face. I know she feels guilty because I was getting in trouble because of her, but it's not her fault, it is those of satan's disciples.

I put my hand on top of Reeses and mouthed her that I'm okay. When I turned, I caught Brittany's eyes. She was staring at me blankly and it was hard for me to read her.

I averted my eyes and didn't look in her direction the entire period.