25

Brittany's P.O.V.

When I felt Jo's body against mine, all the anger I felt evaporated. Her warmth cools me down, the gentle gesture just melted my heart.

Is this the feeling of falling in love? Am I falling in love with Josephine Thompson?

I've never felt this before, I've never been jealous of anyone. God, I was being cheated on in front of me but I never cared.

But now? 

I know Rachel likes her, I could see it in her eyes. During their whole practice, she was just staring at Jo and all I could think was to pull her eyeballs from their socket.

"Let's go home." I felt Jo free me but held my hand and pulled me to the parking lot.

I looked back and saw our schoolmates following us with their eyes. I know it was not new for them to see me with someone here at school but I know, they were too wondering why I reacted like that to Rachel.

We reached the parking lot, Jo leaned against my car, dropped her bag and bottled water on the ground, and pulled me again in a tight hug.

"Forget about Rachel, okay? She just wanted to talk to me, that's all." She said while she rested her face on the crook of my neck.

I even felt her kind of sniff me and I giggled on that.

"Are you smelling me?" I pulled myself a little bit to see her face.

"Yes. You smell so good." She pulled me again and I rested my hands on her waist.

"You smell so good too."

"I'm sweaty and I smell good?" She let out a soft laugh.

"To be honest you do. Your natural scent is so addicting." I didn't mean to say it but it just came out.

It was her turn to pull away a little bit.

"Really?" Her eyes gleamed with the reflection of the sun.

"You do." I peck her on the tip of her nose which made her giggle and hug her again.

How could she do this? Is she just pretending? Because she really is good at it.

I think I'm gonna have my heart broken on graduation day.

"Shall we go?" I asked her after a while.

She nodded and opened the backseat to throw her stuff.

"So, do you wanna do a movie night? Or I have table games, we have a pool at home, we can swim too. What do you want?" I asked her when we were both seated.

"Anything is fine Brit. I usually just sleep on the weekend nights so..." 

I let out a soft laugh when she giggled again.

"Okay, let's see when we're home."

I started the car and began to drive home.

After just a few minutes, I cannot hold it anymore and I feel like I need to ask her about Rachel.

"So, what does she want to talk about?" I said without turning my head to see her face though in my peripheral vision, I saw that she looked at me.

"Umm, about us." 

That made me look at her.

"What about us?" I asked again and refocused on the road.

"Well, I've known Rachel for years and she knows that I was not into girls..."

Was. This gave me hope.

"... Then today, she asked why you were there and I told her, you were watching us practice. So, she asked why and I told her that... that we are... together now."