9

Jo's P.O.V.

Damn those girls, damn them!

I've never been this angry my whole life. I didn't see how it happened but it was enough for me when I saw Reese on the floor with eggs in her head, even her shirt was full of them.

Brittany didn't show up in the first period, and I even ask the redhead about her, but she just looked at me and didn't even bother to say anything.

As soon as I stepped outside of our classroom, I could hear the loud laughter and even the chanting of somebody's name. I pushed myself through the crowd and there I see Reese, who was about to cry on the floor with eggs on her.

I rushed to her, I didn't care if there will be eggs in my own clothes. I took her arm and put it on my shoulder while I snaked mine to her waist, supporting her to stand up.

"Don't cry, Reese.  Do not cry." I told her.

She seemed to swallow a big lump to suppress herself from crying. I took her to the nearest bathroom, locked the door, and begin cleaning her, then she burst out crying.

My heart broke seeing her cry, so helpless.

This is too much, those girls are too much. I clenched my fist thinking about those minions of Brittany.

Why she didn't show up? This could've been prevented if I had the talk with her. She was the only one to blame!

"I want to go home, Jo. Bring me home, please." Her voice broke, begging me to take her away from this place.

"O-Okay. Okay. I'll take you home."

The school ground is almost empty, the students were in their own classrooms which is perfect for our escape. I held Reese's hand till we reached the parking lot and to her car. I opened the door for her and drove off.

"Are your parents at home?" I asked her without looking at her. I cannot look at her face, it has no color, no life. It was like she surrendered everything. I cannot imagine how she was feeling, maybe moving away from here is really better for her.

Even if it means I'll be left alone here, it's okay. The important thing is, she'll be happy. She will not endure any more of Brittany's crap, yes, I blame her. Just her!

"Nobody's at home, which is perfect, I don't want them to see me like this." 

Ohh, Reese!

I don't want to cry in front of her, I need to be strong for her, she needs me strong, not crying along with her. 

I parked Reese's car in front of their house. I turned to her side and help her get out. As soon as we entered inside, we went straight to her room where she has her own bathroom, and showered. I sat in her bed and waited.

"You can go, Jo. I'll be fine. You can catch the last period if you go now." She had finished bathing.

"I think I'm gonna sleep the day, Jo. In a few hours, my Mom will come, I'll be fine." She continued when I didn't answer her.

"I'll watch you sleep, Reese. I'll not leave now, okay? So don't throw me away. I'm here. I'm gonna watch you and leave after you sleep, please?" 

She nodded at me and lie down on her bed. I scoot over to her side and begin stroking her hair. 

I wanted to tell her how sorry I am for everything that she was going through. The bullying before was not this much, we were ignoring it because it was just minor, but last year it started becoming extreme, they were really hurting her, leaving marks and bruises.

I wonder how those girls sleep at night knowing they cause pain to people. Are they even human beings? Don't they feel remorse? 

Brittany never lay a hand on anyone as far as I know, but she was not doing anything about it, in fact, she was laughing along with them. Maybe it was her, who was ordering them to do such, she was their leader, and of course, she knows all of the things that her girls are doing.

Thinking about her again makes my insides boil. I don't feel anything for her but anger. She did this!

I watched Reese's breathing slowly back to normal indicating she had fallen asleep. I gently planted a kiss on her forehead before I stood up carefully not to make any sound and made my way out of her room.

I need to see Brittany. I need to talk to her, I need her to stop it, I will do anything for her to stop it, even if she makes me a slave, I will do it.

I need to do everything for Reese, I need to try everything for her. If she still decides to leave, then it's okay, at least I know I've done everything I could to stop this torture.

I looked at my wristwatch, it was past 12 in the afternoon. I just hope that Brittany is still at school. I remember it is Wednesday today and I have practice.

When I reached the school, I check the parking lot to see if her car is still there, it is, meaning, she was still here.

The next place I went is the cafeteria, it's lunchtime so she's probably there along with her trolls. And I was right, there they are at the far corner of the cafeteria, laughing their hearts out. 

My blood boils thinking about Reese's situation earlier, how everybody just laughed at her, nobody even dare to help her, they were just laughing and pointing!

I made my way to where they were sitting. The students around me became quiet till Brittany notices me. They stopped laughing and just stared at me, waiting for me to arrive in their space.

I stood in front of Brittany while she was looking up at me. There was shock written on her face but she recovered quickly and hid it behind her cunning smile. I looked around her trolls sitting beside her, one of them looking nervous, the other one like she doesn't care at all, and the redhead, staring at me with a grin on her face, I feel like punching her bitchy face.

My eyes found Brittany again. She stood up and leveled with me.

"Hey, Thompson. I heard you were looking for me." She crossed her arms in her chest, and the corner of her lips twitched a little.

"Can we talk, somewhere private!" I told her with my firm voice. I heard my surroundings gasp but ignored it.

"Sure! Follow me."

Brittany walk past me and I followed. All eyes were staring at us, following our every step.

She walked past the field, I wonder where she will take me. 

We reach the far end area of the school, it was secluded, I'd never been to this part of the school, I didn't even know that this place existed.

There were 2 benches in the corner facing the woods, is it still the school premises?

"So?" Brittany stopped walking and turned to face me. She stopped so suddenly and it cause me to almost bumped into her.

She didn't even move or flinch when my face almost touched hers, she just smiled at me. I whiffed of her scent due to our closeness, why does it intoxicate me every time I would smell it?

I move two steps backward, giving us a decent distance, actually a safe distance.