27

Brittany's P.O.V.

The dinner consist of Jo talking about the series that we were watching a while ago.

She is so hooked and even asked me to hurry as she wanted to go upstairs and watch the next episodes.

"Leave it." I told her when she started gathering our plates.

"Do you always just stand up and leave it after you eat?" 

"Yeah, that's why we have maids, to do all these for me." 

It seems realization hits her but continues to gather the plates.

"Well, I never had even one and I do all these by myself."

I couldn't just stand and watch her do the work so I helped her bring the dishes to the kitchen. The maids obviously were very surprised and tried to take them from us. I did give them mine but Jo didn't and insist to bring them in the sink.

I could see from the maid's faces that they were a bit scared or something, maybe they think I will blame them for letting Jo do their job.

"It's okay. She insisted." I told them trying to ease their fear.

"Let's go, Jo." 

"Miss, thank you. Let us wash it." I heard one of the maids almost sounds like she was begging Jo to let go of the dishes.

I found it funny and can't help but laugh at them which earned a confused look from all of them including Jo.

I had to physically remove Jo and let the maids do their work.

"It's okay. Let's go." I whispered in her ear.

"But..."

Before she can protest more, I dragged her out of the kitchen then held her hand, pull her upstairs.

"You didn't have to do all those." I told her when we were in my room and closed the door behind me.

"Even with help, you should still be considerate. Yes, they are being paid to do their job but still, simple things could go a long way, you'll see."

I watched her in amazement.

Never in my life somebody told me to be considerate, especially with the maids. I mean, it's their job, we hire them to do those things. This is why they are here, right?

I felt Jo tugging my arm to sit beside her. 

In no time, we continued with the series in the same position we were in before.

We obviously completely forgot about the time and finished all 10 episodes.

"Oh my god! It's 2 AM." Jo exclaimed.

"Relax, it's the weekend." 

"I have work tomorrow morning, I have to go home."

"Sleepover, Jo."

Her body stiffened looking at my face like I said something outrageous.

"What?" I asked her.

"I-I can't, I can't sleep over." She stuttered.

"You can call your parents and tomorrow morning, I'll take you to your work."

"But..."

"Jo, it's 2 AM. There is no way I would let you go." I told her firmly.

"I'm not gonna jump on you, Jo, if that's what worries you." I told her laughing.

"It's in our deal, I know, unless you ask for it. Remember?" I continued.