18

Brittany's P.O.V.

I feel so happy. Even the maids noticed it, one of them even greeted me about it and I just smiled at her.

I rarely smile here at the house. Most of the time I was locked in my room, I will either ask the maid to bring me food or I would go down to eat and go back to my room right after.

But tonight was different and I think it will be different from now on. 

I stared at my phone and looked at Jo's name. I quickly edited the name to Josephine, no wait, Babe with a heart emoji. I stared at it and a big smile painted on my face.

I was already at the dining table waiting for my food to be served. I was mentally calculating the time when Jo will be finished showering. 

I cannot wait to talk to her again even on texts. 

I quickly typed her a message.

BRI: Are you done?

"Would you like anything else, Miss?" The maid asked me right after serving me my meal.

I shook my head and smiled at her, she left me confused, probably because I smiled at her.

It's been almost 30 minutes and Jo hasn't texted me back yet. I was starting to feel impatient. I grabbed my phone from the table and was about to text her again when it pinged and saw her name, I quickly open the message.

Jo: Just now.

Bri: What took you so long? I replied.

Jo: I'm still struggling to use the phone.

I smiled at her reply, she was so cute.

Bri: See, I could've taught you before you run away from me.

Jo: You're imagining things!

I put down my fork and leaned my back against the chair, the smile I had ever since the first text I received from her was still on my face though it grew wider.

Bri: Hah! Yeah, right! I hit the reply.

Jo: Are you having dinner? She changed the topic.

Bri: Yeah, steak, boring! What are you doing? I was eating in between, I wanted to finish fast so that I can go back to my room and text with Jo in my bed.

Jo: Just opened my book, I have some homework.

Bri: Do you want to finish it first? Even though I suggested it, I felt sad thinking the texts will stop.

Jo: No, it's fine. I can multitask, you know! The smile painted again on my face. She didn't want to stop the conversation. I felt butterflies in my stomach thinking that she wanted to spend time with me even if she'll be doing her homework.

I ate the last slice of steak and stood up from my seat. I hit reply while I walk up the stairs to go back to my room.

Bri: Do you need help with that homework?

Jo: Nahh, it was easy.

When I reached my room, I threw my body on my bed before replying to her.

Bri: Can I pick you up early tomorrow morning?

Jo: Why?

she replies to my messages fast, it gives me a tingling feeling in the pit of my stomach.