30

Jo's P.O.V.

I must admit, I feel like I have been on cloud nine since yesterday.

Being with Brittany the entire time gives me butterflies in my stomach.

Our intimate moment last night kept replaying in my head and I was working with a smile on my face.

"You're in love, aren't you?" Kevin teased me after we served the last customer on our cue.

"I'm sure even Ms. Jordan is noticing it." He whispered for our supervisor not to hear it.

I chuckled at him as we both looked at our supervisor's favorite spot and there she was, already glaring at us.

What a witch!

We went on our shift smoothly, thank god, otherwise, I was really going to be fired just because our boss didn't like me at all.

I hurriedly changed my clothes knowing Brittany would be coming to pick me up. I just need to make a quick stop at my house just to check if my Mom came home and trashed my room just because I was not there and probably would look for money. Then I can spend the rest of the day with her.

Thinking about that, a smile painted on my face.

"Is it the girl that picked you up the other day?" I didn't notice Kevin sneaking out behind my back.

"What?" I asked him nervously.

"The girl who picked you up the other day, is she the one making you smile like that?" He repeated even though I understood him perfectly the first time.

"You know, the one that was ready to set me on fire when she saw us together outside the parking." He continued when I stayed quiet.

"Oh come on, Jo. It's the 21st century, girls liking girls are very normal now."

"How did you..."

"Well, there was never really anybody who came picking you up or I've never seen you with anyone but her, so I assumed, you're with her. Also, like I said, the way she behaved when she saw us together was not a friend reaction." He interrupted me.

"You know what, no need to answer that, I already know it anyway..." He chuckled and didn't let me confirm or deny it. "Is she picking you up today? I just don't want her seeing us together again and maybe this time, she'd succeed in setting me on fire." He was making a face while he was speaking which earned a laugh from me.

"Yeah, you better go ahead, Kev." He smiled at me before leaving.

I fixed my bag and glanced in the mirror one last time before going outside. My excitement got extreme with each step I made when I saw her car parked near the store.

I opened the backseat and threw my bag before proceeding to sit at the passenger's.

"You've been here a long time?" I leaned over kissing her cheek.

"Will you be like that at school?" She said instead of answering my question.

"Do you want me to be?" I asked her bravely as I fasten my seatbelt.

"If you're comfortable with it, I'd love that."

"Hmm, okay." I smiled at her sweetly.

"I asked the maid to prepare for us a late lunch, would you take long in your house?" She started the car and drove off heading to my place.

"No, not really. I just need to check something in my room."

As soon as we reached, she parked the car in front. I removed my seatbelt and hesitated if I should invite her or not.