33

Brittany's P.O.V.

I know they were poor but I did not expect this, a drug addict parent and one in prison! And she was accepted to my school? I mean, that was really impressive!

"I fend for myself ever since I can remember, I had to work otherwise I'll die of hunger. I mawn my neighbor's lawn, walk their dogs, clean their houses, anything that I can do to earn money."

Wow! Jo is really strong, and all I feel now is pure admiration for this girl.

"You once asked me how am I getting by without a device, I cannot own one because, once my Mom sees it, she'll take it and sell it. She did it with my books, I made the mistake of bringing them home and she found them in my room. And now, with the phone you gave me, I sleep with it inside my pillow case."

How could a parent do this?

Yes, I grew up without my parents on my side but I know they love me, they protected me. Maybe they showed it using money because that was the only way they knew how, but at least, they made me feel safe.

I cannot imagine what Jo has to go through in her everyday life.

"My Mom made up that story she told you earlier. She knew you were loaded and probably thought of a way how she'll get you to give her money, and you fell for it. I don't blame you though, you don't know her, and she was really a goooood actress."

Jo laughed bitterly.

"I just can't wait to be 18 and graduate high school, I just wanted to go and leave this place and never come back."

Hearing that, I felt a punch in my chest. Would I be able to see her after graduation?

You're breaking up on graduation day!  This hit many nerves.

"Are you not going to college?" I managed to ask which earned a bitter laugh from her.

"College? Whatever money I have, it won't get me to college, Brit."

"But you are a scholar now in high school, can't you get into one with the scholarship program as well? Maybe something with the sports you play now?"

There must be somewhere she can get a scholarship in college, I mean, programs like that exist for students like her.

"I can but, I don't want to waste my time with it. I just wanted to move away from here, get a job, an apartment, and live my life without the shadow of my parents."

I didn't dare speak nor convince her more about college. She clearly planned her life ahead before I even existed in her life.

"How about you? Don't tell me you're not going away after high school?" She asked me after a while.

"I do, but I don't know where yet."

It's true, I want to leave this place too. But ever since Jo happened to me, even if it was just recently, I feel like, I want to go wherever she's going.

"My parents want me to study at Princeton because that's their alma mater and that's where they met, but I don't know, I haven't made up my mind yet."

We both kept quiet after and just looked up at the stars.

After a while, Jo was ready to go inside as the night crisp was beginning to feel chilly.

"What's your plan tomorrow?" I asked her when we were both lying down on the bed.

"After work, I was planning to see Reeze tomorrow, just to see if she's going to school on Monday." Jo turned off the light on the bedside lamp on her side and turned to face me. "You?"

I kept the light on on my side and faced her as well.

"Hmm, nothing. Will probably stay at home."

"Don't you go out with your minions on the weekends?"

I chuckled at what she called my girls.

"Do you always call them that?" I asked still laughing.

"I gave them some other names aside from that."

"Like?"

"Well, let's see... Satan's disciples-"

"So, I'm satan?" I cut her off. I was not offended but actually amused.

"Well, yeah. You're their leader so..."

Jo did not finish what she wanted to say as I burst out laughing and completely interrupted her.

"How come you find that funny?" I looked at Jo's wondering face.

"Oh, baby!" I held my stomach as it hurt from laughing too much.

"I just... I find it funny because it is coming from you, if somebody else told me that, I would've punched them in the face." 

"But you never lay a hand to the prey of your minions." It was a statement rather than a question. "And if I am to guess, you don't entirely agree with the bullying that they do every day."

I was not wrong to suspect that there was a follow-up question to that statement when she spoke again.

"Why do you allow it to happen, Brit?"

How can I tell her that having that scene every day increases the fear of the students to me? And I prefer to be feared than anything else, that I somehow like the feeling when someone bows their head just because I was passing by just so that they don't meet my eyes.

How can I burst her bubble? The bubble that she made believing I am a good person?

For a second, I couldn't meet her eyes, I had to look down and carefully think of what I should say to not disappoint her.

But to my surprise, she scooted over to me, her hand flew to the back of my head, grabbed a handful of my hair, and pulled me capturing my lips with hers.

I was not able to move for a few seconds because of shock, but when I realized what just happened, I returned the kiss almost immediately.

The kiss starts fast and intense at first but gradually gets to a slower pace. I felt her hand sliding to my neck as the kiss grew hotter and hotter.

I could feel the wetness between my legs with just us kissing passionately, to think there was no touching yet!

It was like she read my mind. Her hand that was on my neck slid to my arm and then to my side, holding the hem of my shirt, tugging it for a few seconds before lifting it up to run her bare hand on my bare torso.

With her hand on my skin, I felt what was like a million volts running through my every vein. The butterflies in my stomach are going wild, my body screams hot, and I think I'll go insane any minute with all these new sensations Jo was giving me.

I had been touched and kissed already before but I never felt this, everything is new to me. I feel like my whole being was being awakened by one Jo Thompson, like I am being reborn, introducing me to a whole new world, how is this possible?

"Brittany..."

I heard her call me in a hoarse voice.

"Take me, Brittany, now!"

__________________________________

Hello, my lovely and funny readers, I set up a ko-fi account, so if you want to treat me, send me a gift, or just simply motivate me, please feel free to visit my page: Ko-fi.com/lunamarcelo :)

Thank youuuu for always supporting my work, I'm reading all your comments and I love how invested you are in the story :)