8

Brittany's P.O.V.

"Honey, you awake?"

I groaned at the knock on my door and lay on my stomach covering my head with my pillow. My alarm didn't even go off yet, it means it is still early to wake up, why is she waking me up?

"Brit, Honey. I know you're awake. Dad and I have an emergency and we'll be flying to Amsterdam, we'll be back in a week, ok?"

My Mom was still shouting on the other side of my door. I don't know why she's bothering to tell me that they're gonna be away. They are always away, I barely see them in the house, doesn't matter if it's a day or two or even a week. They're always not here, period.

I heard my Mom's footsteps going away from my door. I lay on my back and saw the wall clock hanging above my TV, it is ten minutes before six o'clock. It's too early. I usually wake up at 6:30, school starts at 07:30 so it gives me an hour to prepare myself, I don't do breakfast, just coffee.

Anyway, I got up. I cannot sleep now. I put my ears against my door, trying to listen if my parents are still downstairs, I don't want to see them go or have a conversation with them. When I heard nothing, I opened it and went downstairs.

"Good morning, Ms. Brittany. Your parents left already." One of our maids greeted me as I walk down the stairs. I nodded at her.

"Would you like me to prepare you something, Miss?"

"Just coffee, please. Is my Brother still here?" I sat at the dining table, there are still food on it, my parents probably ate before leaving.

"Yes, Miss. Mr. Cam is still in his bedroom."

Cam is in college, but he comes home from time to time, he brings his laundry here at home and has our maids do it for him. I don't understand him, there's probably laundry in his dorm, I don't know why he keeps coming back here.

If it was me and I was away for college, I won't even consider coming back. Even on Thanksgiving, this family was never complete. I can't remember the time that we had a meal all four of us.

I shrugged that thought. Why am I feeling sad over a thing that has been going on ever since I can remember?

"Miss, are you sure you don't want me to prepare anything for you?" Our maid put my coffee down. I shook my head at her and she left.

I took the coffee mug and walk outside our garden, the morning crisp greeted me as I walk barefoot. I could feel the grass moistened, probably from the morning fog.

I shivered slightly feeling the wind blowing, still, with the mug in my hand, I crossed my arms to hug myself. I was just wearing an oversized shirt and very shorts short.

I sat on the chair and savored the smell of the coffee. It is a very nice morning. I was never a morning person but I enjoy it whenever I was woken up very early.

My mind wanders to the brown-eyed girl. I remember she needed something from me and I was planning not to show my face till the last period. I smiled at that.

But what would I do all morning then? I was up early and I didn't want to sleep again.

Maybe I can skip just the first period then I'll come to my second and third hour. Yeah, that's what I would do.

---------------------------------------------------

I arrived at the parking lot five minutes before the second period. I don't care if the bell would beat me, my teachers doesn't have the gut to put me in detention or even do any punishments for that matter.

As I said, I own everyone in this school.

I parked my car and head my way to my class. I hope Thompson won't see me yet.

Thinking about her all morning, I debated with myself if I should go to my first period or not. I wanted to see her but I want her to chase me.

I don't know why I was drawn to this girl. She's pretty alright, but I've been with much prettier than her, much sexier, and I didn't think about them like this. They didn't occupy my thoughts for almost three days, God, it's been three days and I was still thinking about her. What is wrong with me?

"Hey, where were you?" Giselle greeted me as I walk into the hall where our locker is.

"I overslept." I don't have any plans to tell her about Thompson, not now.

"Oh okay. Strange thing, Thompson was looking for you."

My eyebrow raised at that and I suddenly stop putting my things inside my locker then I smiled in victory. So I was right.

Weird thing is, I wasn't smiling because of the hidden agenda that I have against Thompson, I was smiling because plainly, she was looking for me. My heart flutter a little bit thinking and imagining how she was looking for me, and to think that she even asked Giselle, who she hated, for my whereabouts.

"What did you tell her?" I tried so hard to hide the excitement in my voice and continued stuffing my things inside my locker.

"Nothing, I gave her my dead look." 

Nice! 

"Why is she looking for you, anyway?" We were already walking toward our room. Giselle is in my every class.

Before I could even answer that, she burst out laughing and spoke again.

"I forgot to tell you..." In between her laughs.

"Right after the first period, we threw eggs at Curtis, you should've seen it. The girl was about to cry then Thompson pulled her away, Oh my god! I almost peed laughing." 

My face turned to Giselle who was still laughing, relieving what they had done to Thompson's friend.

I suddenly felt angry about what they did and found myself concerned about Thompson, she must be fuming with anger. The smile on my face was wiped thinking about that.

"Why did you do that?" When I saw Giselle's face puzzled hearing what I just asked her, I suddenly wondered about myself, why do I care if they did that? They always do that and I always laugh along with them.

"I mean... Why didn't you wait for me before you do that, I wanna see it." I recovered quickly and told her.

I stepped inside our classroom where our teacher is already waiting for us.

Giselle did not answer and silently sat beside me.

The lesson started but my mind was still thinking about Thompson. What happened earlier might cause her not to show up in the last period. I mean, for sure Curtis would feel embarrassed showing her face after what happened, then Thompson will probably console her.

Dammit, Giselle!

I turned my face to Giselle who was listening to our teacher and didn't even notice me eyeing her.

Bitch!

After the second period, I scanned the students in the hallway, I couldn't see even the shadow of Thompson. I couldn't ask any of my girls, they would wonder why I was asking. And I know there is already a doubt forming in Giselle's mind and I don't want to fuel it.

I just hope I'd see Tompson in the last period.