lovebug

(Max has nightmares and nick Suprises him)

TW: fluff, pet names

Max's Pov

I wake up abruptly from a nightmare, I'm sweating, I'm breathing heavily, I need to calm down, I get up and grab a cup of water.

after a little I calm down, the pros of going back home for the holidays is, I get to see my family, my childhood friends and just have fun.

and for the cons, I don't get to see my boyfriend, I can't record music, I can't see my best friends and the worst part is ever since I went home, I have a nightmare every night.

it's getting more and more difficult to convince myself to go to sleep at night, I haven't told nick because I don't want him to worry.

usually if I have a nightmare if I get up and drink a glass of water, by then I've forgot about it, but tonight it was so vivid.

I decide to text nick and see if he's awake I hop in my bed and grab my phone.

Max = lovebug 💘
Nick = bub 🖇️
——————————————————
2:28 am dec 26th

lovebug 💘
babe you awake.

bub 🖇️
yeah, what's up?

lovebug 💘        
oh, nothing I was just wondering.

bub 🖇️
no there's a reason you're texting me.

——————————————————

I get an incoming face time call from nick, I see his face fill the screen, I see his hair is fluffy like he just washed it.

he has a brown hoodie on, and his glasses and he's at his desk so he's probably editing I smile softly.

"Hi love" he says in a soft voice propping his phone up "hi" I say doing the same "why are you up isn't it like 2:00am for you max?"

I sigh "I had a nightmare" I mumble picking at the sides of my fingers "oh love I'm sorry, I wish I was there with you right now" he says.

"Well, that's not all, then have been happening since I got here and they won't go away, but usually if I get up and grab a drink by the time, I'm don't I forgot what is was about, but today its stuck with me I can't get it out of my mind" I rant in one breath.

nick frowns "baby why didn't you tell me?" he asks with sadness in his eye "I didn't want you to worry about me you have your own life to worry about" I say biting the dead skin of my nails.

"Max I'm always going to worry about you, I just want to know what's happening in your life" he says doing something on his computer.

"I know I just kind of feel like a baby" I mumble "you are not everyone has nightmare's unless you're a psychopath!" I laugh at his wired humor he garbs the phone and jumps on his bed.

"But you know something?" he says "hm?" is all I reply with "your my baby" he emphasizes the word 'my' I giggle.

I feel my eye lids are heavy I try and keep them open "bub you need to sleep I'm not going nowhere" he says softly.

I nod basically already asleep "goodnight" I mumble "goodnight love" he says and I fall asleep again.

nicks Pov

I wake up at 7:00am because of my flight, yes, I have a flight, to where you might ask, well I'm going to Michigan to Suprise Max

I grab my phone watching the boy on my screen sleep peacefully, I whisper a 'I love you ' to him even though he can't hear me.

I end the call and grab my suitcase and me and my brothers are off to the airport, when we bored the plane, I play some music and fall back to sleep.

an hour later we are there, Max's mom picks us up and we head to his house, we head in the house, and we hide around the corner from the stars.

"Max help with the groceries" his mom yells "one sec!" he shouts I hear his fast footsteps "ok where's the groceries?" he asks pocketing his phone.

she points in our direction he turns around and he stops in in his tracks "what the fuck!" he says running and embracing me in a hug.

"Hi lovebug" I whisper to him "I missed you" I continue "me too" he says pulling away and hugging my brothers.

"Well, it's time for lunch guys" his mom says and me all sit down a eat our food, after we are done, I stand up putting my plate in the sink.

"Follow me let me show you my room" Max says lightly grabbing my wrist and pulling me though the house I've seen many times over facetime.

he pushes the door open and led me around the room showing me things, I smile and how happy he is.

"Do you want to see my favorite part of my room?" he asks I nod with a smile on my face we get to his desk and there's a pin board with pictures of me and him pined up with heart tacks.

"This is my favorite thing in here" he whispers I hug him from behind resting my head on his shoulder "me too" I whisper kissing his jaw.

I let go and walk in front of him cupping his cheeks "you look tired love" I whisper "I don't get much sleep with the nightmares" he says.

"I know, how about we cuddle and watch a movie together" I say he nods "ok let's go" I say kissing the tip of his nose.

we head to the bed, and he climbs in, and I follow suit I snuggle up next to him, we put on a movie we both have seen.

"Get some sleep bub" I says massaging his head "ok" he mumbles,

1 hour later

I'm on my phone massaging his head when he shoots up, confused I sit up I looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"Oh, love come here" I say softly opening my arms he immediately hugs me squeezing me "its ok I'm right here bub" I whisper laying back down.

"Why do they have to happen?" he asks voice cracking "I wish I knew lovebug" I whisper playing with his hair.

and he slowly falls asleep again " sleep well I'm here for you love" I whisper " ok love you" he mumbles "love you more" I kiss the top of his head.

everything's going to be ok I know it.

A/N I hope you liked it!