I just want to help.

(I know IRL Nate is closer to Chris just go along with it)

TW: jealousy fluff small mentions of depression and su!cide (verry light mentions of them just letting you know)

nick's Pov

Nate is my best friend we have always been closer to each other we have been through thick and thin. 

Nate has always been clingier to me and I'm fine with it, he started getting more protective and even more clingy when I came out.

we do not like each other in that way I'm gay, he's straight, he was the first to know about me getting a boyfriend.

he was so happy I found someone I couldn't wait to see him next, that day soon arrived and I'm other way to the airport right now.

I'm sitting next to my boyfriend Max I'm holding his hand playing with his rings, it's something I do when I'm nervous. 

I don't know why I'm nervous because nates my best friend, but I think I'm just worried Nate won't like Max or Max won't like Nate.

we arrive at the airport, and I text Nate that we were at the airport we all get out of the car, and we see Nate walking toward us.

"Hey guys!" he says pulling me and my brothers into a group hug "how have you been" he asks us we all replied with some form of 'good.'

he gives Madi a hug then Chris and matt and he gets to me, and he hug for a little longer and I here fake coughing, so we pull away.

"Nate this is my boyfriend, Max; Max this is my best friend Nate" I introduce them to each other I can tell Max Forses a smile when they shake hands.

"it's so nice to finally meet you! he talks about you a lot" Nate says which makes him slightly Happier but I can still tell he has a fake smile.

Nate sits in the back, so I go sit back there with him "don't you want to sit with Max?" Nate asks me I look up at Max who's staring out the window.

I shake my head "he knows that you're my best friend and that I haven't seen you in a while" I say looking back at Nate. 

"Ok, oh you want to play game like we used to?" Nate asks "you think I would say no to that come on now" I shove his shoulder turning to face him more and we start playing games like thumb war of rock paper scissors.

we arrived at our house, and I sit down with Nate, and we start watching a movie around halfway in Max stand up "night guys" he mumbles and rushes to my room.

everyone looks confused he usually loves movie night "I'll go check on him" I say walking up the stars I get to my room and its locked, so I knock.

"Who is it?" he asks muffled because of the door but I can hear his voice crack which breaks my heart "its nick" I say back.

 "Nick go away" he mumbles " come on Max I just want to help" I say sad he doesn't want to help him.

" Well, I'm fine you can go now" he mumbles "no I'm not leaving until you come out also this is my room" I say sitting on the ground with my back against the door knee to my chest.

the door clicks and I feel it open I fall back so my legs are still up but I'm flat on my back I look at him and it looks like he was crying.

"Hi love, can I come in?" I ask he moves down by my legs and holds his hand out. 

I grab his hand and he pulls me up I stand up and I walk him over to the bed he sits down on the edge of the bed.

I stand in-between his legs I tilt his chin up to look at me "what's wrong? are you mad at me? if you are why are you mad? I need to know" I say with a soft Voice.

"I just feel like a baby, because you and Nate were hanging out and I guess I was jealous because he was so clingy with you" he sighs looking away from me.

"Hey, its ok I promise I was with him to much I should have hung out with you more-" I get cut off. 

"No because I'm just being selfish because I just want you all to me, and I know you haven't seen him in forever and I should have let you guys hang out an-" I stop his rambling but pulling him into a quick kiss.

"you're not selfish I promise, I will make time for both of you, ok?" I say after pulling away he nods he still looks sad "cuddles?" I ask him he nods shyly I giggle climbing into bed.

he lays on top of me and I hold him tight a few minutes later he sits up "tell me more about your relationship with Nate" he says.

I smile and for the next hour he continues to ask questions about me and nates friendship like I tell him all the embarrassing things we both did.

Nate's Pov

nick and his boyfriend have been upstairs for about an hour and everyone but me fell asleep, so I slowly stand up and creep up the stairs and knock.

"One second max" I hear nick say and he gets up and opens the door "what's up Nate?" he asks "everyone is asleep, and I'm bored I wanted to see if I could hang out with you guys" I says. 

he looks at Max and Max nods he signals me in, and I follow him to his bed "I was telling Max about when we went to that trampoline park and I faceplanted" he giggle.

"Oh my god that was hilarious" I laugh, and he contuses the story were all laughing at thing that me and nick did.

"Oh my god Nate remember the time when you literally almost killed me on a bike?" nick says trying to hold back a laugh.

"I do but that was your fault you jumped Infront of my bike!" I laugh "you guys were crazy" Max laughs.

"Yeah, we were insane" I giggle after a bit of talking we quite down into silence "hey nick can I talk to you?" I break the silence.

"sure" he says we walk out the door and stand in the hallway "ok be honest with me, ok?" I say he nods I sigh "are you happy? like genuinely?" I ask. 

"Yeah, probably the happiest I've been in years" he pauses.

"He makes me happier because he makes me feel like I'm the only guy ever, and he can get along with my family and friends and I love that, but I couldn't thank you enough for the past 13 years because I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you" he tells me all of this. 

I hug him "I love you nick I'm glad he makes you happy" I mumble "I love you Nate and I'm glad to have you guys " he says, and we pull away. 

"We should probably go to bed" he says I nod and say goodnight to him and walk down stars and I fall asleep on the couch.

nicks Pov (short)

I walk in my room and lay down I open my arms and Max climbs in 

"What was that about?" he asks "he was just asking if I was happy" I say to him he knows I had bad depression.

"Well, are you?" he asks "basically to sum up what I said was yes I'm very happy" I mumble " that's good, and by the way nates amazing" he says happy.

"I love you" I say half asleep "I love you nick" he says back.

and we fall asleep peacefully.

hey love tysm for 2k that's insane!