𝐎𝐍𝐄

Chapter One
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐲

Italics for sign language

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 her science class waiting for class to start. She sat in the back in order to avoid everyone around her. 

She wasn't the social type, she had few friends and never really got out of the house. Her sister Virginia, or Ginny, is the same way. 

They only ever really had each other, plus their mom and brother. But being twins they had a connection that no one else could really understand. Not unless you were also a twin. 

Alex sighed as she looked at the clock, class should be starting soon but she was getting tired of waiting. 

Luckily her friend Layla had arrived and took the seat next to her, "You're never going to believe what happened." The girl said with a smile, Alex chuckled and turned to her friend, showing her that her attention was now fully on the red head. 

"Okay, so you remember last week when Sam asked me out?" She asked excitedly. The two were polar opposites, while Layla was outgoing and loud, Alex was laid back and calm. They somehow managed to become friends when Alex moved to the school—one of her few, but close friends. 

"Yeah, but you said no cause you were playing hard to get." 

Layla looked down at her lap with a bashful look, Alex sighed with a smile and shook her head, "You went out with him didn't you." 

Layla avoided eye contact as she responded, "Not exactly." 

"What does that mean?" 

The red head took a few moments to respond, looking around and making sure no one was listening, "We hooked up on his parent's bed." 

Alex's jaw dropped as she looked at her friend, but before she could answer, her name was called from the front. 

Looking up, she noticed two teachers in the front, which caused her to furrow her eyebrows. Sharing a quick look with Layla, she got up and made her way towards them, one of them began to walk out of the room and the girl followed. 

Once they left, the woman shut the door and turned towards the girl, who finally noticed her sister with her things. 

"Ginny? What's going on?" 

Her twin sighed and glanced at the ground, "Kenny's dead. He died in a car crash." 

Alex was stunned, but she wasn't sad. Instead, she felt a sort of relief, knowing that the man who let his hands linger for a moment too long was gone.