𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Chapter Nine
𝐃𝐨 𝐈 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮?

Italics for sign language

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 stairs, Alex began to walk into the kitchen when she heard a voice speak. 

"What are my grandparents like?" Alex internally sighed, Ginny just could not leave things alone. 

"I'm definitely too hungover for this." Another voice said, Alex peaked to see Maddie standing next to Ginny at the island. The girl moved closer to hear better and she mentally scolded herself, she was no better than Ginny. 

If Alex was being honest, she was interested as well. She knew her dad's parents whom she bonded very well with, but she always wondered who Georgia's parents were. She never talked about it, and always avoided the topic when anyone brought it up. 

But Alex wasn't being honest, so she wasn't interested at all. 

Maddie sighed and began to speak, "Daisy. That's Grandma. She grew up in Alabama. She's as crazy as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs." 

Alex's nose scrunched, not knowing what the term meant but she figured that Gerogia's mom was a bit insane. 

Ginny did not conclude as fast as Alex, though. "Why,? What do you mean?" 

"She was addicted to oxy my whole life." There's the insane part. "Growing up... Georgia... she took care of me." 

Alex peaked her head back into the kitchen to see what was going on but made sure to stay hidden. Ginny looked away from Maddie and moved her gaze to her hands, "Look, I know you're mad at her. And hell, maybe she deserves it, but she was right not bringing you around them. They're no good." 

Even with that, Ginny continued to push and if Alex was being honest, she would have admitted that she was glad Ginny did. 

But she's not being honest. 

"What about my grandfather?" 

"Uh... Georgia's dad is, uh..." Maddie chuckled dryly, "Not my story to tell." 

"Wait, you two don't have the same dad?" 

Maddie set her glass of water on the kitchen island, "Yeah, I'm definitely too hungover for this." Trying to direct her attention elsewhere, Maddie smiled. "How about ice cream for breakfast? Boys! Alex!" 

Said the girl waited a minute before heading in, not wanting to be caught for eavesdropping. 

"We're going to Blue Farm, let's go!" Maddie said once both teens and the two kids were in the kitchen. They all put on their shoes and grabbed their jackets before beginning their walk to Blue Farm.