𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter Sixteen

Italics for sign language

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 everything was perfect, or at least that's what she saw as a kid. 

There was no drama, no lies, no secrets, and certainly nobody was convincing Alex that her mom was a murderer. 

The girl lay in bed remembering every bliss moment she had in her life, with her dad, her mom, and her siblings. But that was all gone now. 

She and Austin arrived at Zion's place late into the night. Her dad was certainly confused when he opened the door to see his youngest daughter on the verge of tears and her brother standing outside his apartment. 

Alex had shut off her phone, knowing that both Georgia and Ginny would be calling and texting her frantically, even though she left a note that explained where they had gone. 

That didn't mean they weren't going to contact her.

 It was now early in the morning and Alex didn't get a wink of sleep, She had instead been pacing around the guest room she was supposed to be sleeping in, exchanging the occasional text with Marcus who had called earlier to make sure they got there okay. 

She groaned and brought a pillow to her face. "Alex?" She brought down the pillow and turned to Zion who was standing at the door. "Are you good, Xan?" 

Alex sighed with a shake of her head, "No." She sat up and let her head hang, "I shouldn't have brought Austin. This would have all been so much easier." 

Zion sat down next to her on the bed with a small nod, "This wasn't an easy decision, Xan. You did what you thought was best for you and Austin. None of this is easy." 

Alex nodded but still didn't believe him, everything was just so confusing. Zion thought for a moment before smirking, "How about, tomorrow we go get your hair done? You've talked about how you wanted to get some braids again. Why don't we do that?" 

The girl thought for a moment before nodding, "Yeah, all right." 

Although she just wanted to stay in her room all day and not talk to anyone, she knew this might be a fun way to get her mind off everything.

Thanksgiving was one of Alex's least favorite holidays. She hated what it stood for and she hated going around the table and saying what you're grateful for. 

This year, however, she was spending it with her dad and his family whom she hadn't seen in ages. So she had something to be excited about at least. 

Ginny was coming over as well, much to Alex's disappointment. She was still pissed off about what happened the night she left but Zion said that he couldn't have one daughter without the other and that Alex didn't have to acknowledge Ginny if she didn't want to.