𝐓𝐄𝐍

Chapter Ten
𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲!

Italics for sign language

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 full of tension this past week. Ginny was still pissed with Georgia for an unknown reason, even though the girl told Alex that they talked it out. 

Clearly, it didn't go well. 

Alex wasn't really talking to her mom either. Actually, she wasn't really talking to anyone in her family besides Austin. She wasn't angry, or upset; more so confused and shocked by all this new information, and this was her way of processing all of it. 

But, she hoped that all the tension would disappear for the day since it was the twins' birthday. Alex always loved their birthday, even if she never got anything super special, she just always loved celebrating herself and Ginny. It was their shared day, and they always loved celebrating with each other. 

The younger twin only hoped it wouldn't be any different this year. 

Alex was the first of the three children in the kitchen, Ginny was taking a bit longer than normal but Alex didn't complain. 

"Hey." 

"Happy Birthday!" Georgia exclaimed as she frosted a cake, The woman glanced at her daughter and gave her a surprised look, "No more braids?" 

Instinctively, Alex's hand shot towards her curly hair and shrugged. "It was time, they were cute though." 

"Agreed. Oh! I have a surprise for you, you ready." Alex nodded and sat up straight, Georgia placed down the frosting knife and held up her hands. "Happy Birthday."

"You've been going to your classes?" 

Georgia grinned and nodded with pride, "I've been practicing every day, and Ellen has been teaching me a bit on the side as well." 

Alex smiled fondly at her mother, "Thanks, Mom. That means a lot to me." 

"Of course, peach." 

Ginny took a seat at the island soon after, a scowl present on her face. Georgia had just finished off the cake, placing two candles in it, one for each daughter. 

When she sat down, Georgia took notice of her and immediately commented on her new look, "Your hair! It's straight." Their mom sounded shocked, and slightly unsettled, probably not the best reaction to give your sassy newly sixteen-year-old daughter. 

"I wanted a change. New older me." Ginny said and flicked her hair behind her shoulder. 

"But I love your natural hair."