𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter Fourteen 
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬

Italics for sign language

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐄 could take back the words she said to Marcus, before and especially after learning about his accident. 

She hadn't contacted him throughout her shift, knowing he would have wanted to be alone. But if she could go back and stop him from getting on that bike, she would have, The brunette couldn't have felt guiltier and honestly wanted life to just stop right there. All the pain and suffering would all be over. 

But, life didn't work that way, life didn't have a pause button, and Alex had to live with the consequences. 

When she got home from work that night, she couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. 

So, although she knew it was wrong especially after she just broke his heart, she texted him asking him to let her know that he hadn't done anything stupid.

As expected, Marcus didn't respond, although it wasn't for the reason she thought. 

Apparently, Alex hadn't been the only one texting Marcus. Ginny had seen Marcus climb out of Alex's window, and in a fit of jealousy and rage, she texted him, and when he didn't respond, she sent more texts. 

In this timeframe, her feelings had begun to take over, and she ended up asking questions that would most definitely get her in trouble with her best friend, but she didn't care. She truly wondered if she and Marcus sleeping together meant nothing and all those moments the two had together. 

Ginny was, of course, so sucked into her own head that she couldn't tell the difference between her imagination and reality. There were no moments, and Marcus had made it clear before they slept together that this was nothing more than a fling. Ginny agreed to it, agreeing that it would just be a fling and nothing more, but then she got attached and couldn't dig herself out of the hole she had gotten herself into. 

Alex was lying on her bed with some music playing, Her hearing aids were in since she was waiting for an update from Georgia who was communicating with Ellen about whether he was okay or not. 

She didn't bother looking up when there was a knock on the door, Georgia entered and sat on the side of her bed. "Hey." She said softly but Alex didn't react, instead, she asked one of the many questions she needed answers to. 

"Have you heard anything?" 

Georgia sighed as her daughter didn't make eye contact with her, She knew that she was hurting, their relationship was still strained from their argument the other night and Ginny had told her that they got into a pretty intense argument that night. However, she left out the details that it wasn't much of an argument, more of Ginny belittling Alex until she broke.