𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter Seventeen
𝐅𝐫𝐢-𝐲𝐚𝐲

Italics for sign language

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 was quiet, no one said much of anything besides Zion who tried to start up multiple conversations, but gave up after no one answered him. 

Alex was pissed, she didn't want to go back to that house, Ginny was angry and flustered from the night before and her breakdown in front of their dad, and Austin didn't know what to think. He was confused and as much as he wanted to go home, he was still upset with Georgia for what she did. 

 Austin rode on the back of Marcus' bike with Alex, while Ginny was on Zion's. She was not going to let Ginny get anywhere near her or her boyfriend's bike. 

When they finally arrived home, Alex dropped Austin off at the house before going across the street and riding into the long driveway. Surprisingly enough, Marcus was in the garage smoking a joint. He had a shocked look on his face and watched as Alex removed the helmet and hopped off the bike. 

She gave him a tired smile but before she could say anything, he had rushed forward and engulfed her in a tight hug. Alex sighed as he held her close to him. It had only been two weeks but it felt like a lifetime. After a few minutes of silence, Marcus pulled back and gave her a quick kiss. 

"Are you okay? How was the ride?" Alex smiled and shrugged, "It was fine, I'm pissed that I have to go back there but at least I get to see you." 

"That was cheesy." 

"Yeah, but you missed me too." 

Marcus sighed and pulled her into another hug, they both stood there for a moment before Ellen came out of the house and walked toward them. They let go of each other but Marcus kept an arm around her waist. "Alex! Good to see you again, what are you doing here?" 

"Oh, I was just..." She paused when Marcus squeezed her hip in warning, "Coming to say hi." 

"Oh! Well, why don't you come in?" 

Alex smiled in appreciation. She loved Ellen, she was always kind and welcoming to her, and Alex assumed it was because it made Marcus happy to have her around. "Thank you, but my family and I are doing Fri-yay. It's a tradition we do after Thanksgiving and it's too important to miss." 

Ellen nodded with a confused look but her smile stayed present, "Alright, well have fun at your Fri-yay." Alex nodded and Ellen marched down the driveway and began her walk. 

Alex turned back to Marcus and wrapped her arms around his waist while he used both his arms to hold her close to him, "What's a Fri-yay?"

"It's a family tradition where we Fry a bunch of junk food. It's usually a lot of fun, but I have a feeling it's just going to be awkward."