𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter Eighteen
𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

Italics for Sign Langauge

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐆𝐄𝐓 much sleep that weekend. Marcus had slept over every single night but even with his arms wrapped around her, and the sound of his heartbeat when she laid her head on his chest, she found herself staring up at the ceiling till the sun came up. 

When she saw the light through her curtains, she decided to get up and start getting ready, maybe it would help occupy her mind. She took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, and put her hearing aids in before she went back to her room to find Marcus stirring in his sleep. 

"Good morning sunshine." She smiled and kissed his cheek before walking over to her dresser. "I could get used to this view," Marcus mumbled and Alex rolled her eyes as she turned back to him. Her hair was up in a bun, completely dry since she didn't wash it, but her body was wrapped in a towel. "Seriously?" She said with a small smile. Marcus grinned as Alex left the room again to go change. 

Coming back to her room for the final time, Marcus was still lying in her bed and Alex scoffed, "You need to get up, we have school soon and someone in this god-forsaken household is going to barge into my barge soon." Marcus groaned but stood up anyway, he shuffled over to where Alex sat at her vanity and wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Let's skip school." 

"I've been gone for two weeks." 

"So? What's one more day?" 

Alex shook her head softly but stopped her makeup process, she leaned back into him and closed her eyes. Marcus watched her in the mirror, noticing how tired she looked. "Did you get any sleep last night?" 

The girl hummed, not giving a complete answer. Marcus sighed, he picked her up bridal-style and walked over to the bed as Alex groaned. "I actually have to get ready." He set her on the bed and peppered her face with kisses causing Alex to giggle, "Marcus!" 

He finally connected their lips and Alex couldn't help but kiss him back. After a moment, they finally pulled away due to a lack of oxygen. Marcus continued to hover over her and gently kissed the top of her head, "I like waking up next to you." Alex commented. Marcus hummed and leaned a bit closer to her, "It would be nicer if you actually got some sleep." Alex's smile fell and she glared at him. "My mind was all full!" 

Marcus shrugged and fell onto the bed right next to her, "I'll drug you next time then." 

"Haha, very funny."