𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Chapter Twelve
𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐩 𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐬?

Italics for sign language

𝐏𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐃 up with whatever was going on between her and Marcus. It was obvious that neither of them liked each other in a romantic way, and that they both had feelings for one certain Miller girl who was oblivious to both of their feelings. 

So, instead of sitting around and bitching about it, she decided to confront him in hopes of breaking it off. However, she just so happened to catch him right outside his house, in the view of Ginny and Max who both watched the scene play out. 

"Marcus, we really need to talk." The boy sighed but nodded anyway, turning to face her fully. 

"I don't think we should continue... whatever this is, anymore." Marcus didn't give a reaction to this, he didn't know how to react to this. Though he felt slightly relieved by the thought of not having to put up an act anymore, he also felt upset that this might mean he was losing someone he cared about, even if it wasn't romantically. 

"I mean, we both have eyes for someone else, and we're clearly not happy. I just..." Padma let out a breathy laugh that wasn't very humorous, "If we keep going like this, we'll both just end up more hurt in the end." 

Marcus sighed and looked down at his feet, "I'm sorry Padma." Padma shook her head, "It's not your fault, we just both want the same thing." 

Padma got into her car and drove away as Marcus watched after her, The boy knew what this meant, although he wasn't sure if he was ready to admit it out loud. 

Ginny and Max continued to watch behind the tree, and the taller girl turned towards her friend. "I wish there was more yelling." Ginny wasn't listening though. Instead, she felt a small flutter in her chest at the fact that Padma and Marcus were officially over, and at the thought that Marcus liked someone else. 

She tried to shut both ideas down. She had a boyfriend and friends, and she was happy. She couldn't mess that up. 

Alex was trying her hardest not to fall asleep in her English class, The night before she was binge-watching Gossip Girl when Padma called her and told her everything that happened with Marcus. She listened for a few hours as the girl rambled about how all of her decisions in life led up to her 'relationship' with Marcus and if she did a single thing differently, then everything would be different. 

It went on for a while, Alex officially gave up on listening to her and fell asleep around two a.m. while her friend continued to talk, unknowingly to no one.