𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Chapter Five
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐒𝐀

Italics for sign language

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 the stairs with a giant yawn, she stayed up late the night before doing homework that she had procrastinated until the last minute. 

Walking into the kitchen she noticed Ginny and their mom both talking in the kitchen. 

"Sophomore sleepover. Welcome to Pleasantville."

Georgia looked up as Alex entered and held out the sheet, "Did you know about this?" 

"Yeah, it's all anyone can talk about in our grade." She shrugged before sitting down and taking the plate of waffles with a small thank you.

"Well, are you planning on going?" 

Before the girl could answer, Ginny cut her off and turned the attention back to herself, "Ellen's running it. You can give her the money for my ticket." 

"Excuse me, miss. You have a job." Georgia sassed while throwing the paper down onto the island. 

"I started today after school. I don't have any money yet." Ginny sighed and Alex had to agree. 

Georgia hummed and thought for a moment, "How much is it?" 

"A hundred bucks," Alex mumbled through a bite of waffles. Georgia gave her a look of disbelief, "To spend the night in a school you already go to?" 

Ginny shrugged, "You moved us to this white, rich-ass town. This is what they do here." Alex nodded and pointed her fork at her sister, "She's right, these people are weird." 

"Totally weird."

"All night in the high school? Sounds like a waste of a Saturday." 

Georgia hummed in agreement before Ginny left to walk to school, the woman turned to her other daughter who was placing her plate into the dishwasher.

"So are you going?" 

"No, I'm just going to be surrounded by a bunch of horny drunk Sophomores and I don't even have any friends going." 

Georgia observed her for a moment, "What about Marcus?" 

Alex chuckled but shook her head, "The only way Marcus will go is if his mom makes him." 

An idea popped into Georgia's head as she watched her daughter walk towards the door, "Bye Mom, love you!"