Catharina Christine Clementine

1 May 2022

"Mom!"

"Mommy!"

"Do you see my pencil case?"

"Oh, my sweater as well!"

The sweet voice of the little girl could be heard in the two bedroom apartment, in which Fransesca and her little angel live. The morning was always the busiest part of the day for both of them as Fransesca needed to prepare to work and her daughter to school. Not to forget, the breakfast and the chores that should be done by herself.

"I put it in the drawer in the living room, sweetheart." she answered while washing all the dishes in the kitchen. "I don't see any of it there, mom. I've been looking for it everywhere!" Christine responded soon after she finished her words. This was one of the daily things that happened in the house every single morning.

She quickly cleaned the last plate and put it on the rack before she dried her hands with a small towel hung next to the water tap and walked herself towards the younger version of her. She looked for her daughter's things in each drawer in the living room before she pulled out her pencil case and sweater. "Here, your sweater and pencil case. Make sure to put it in the right place this afternoon after school, okay?" she reminded Christine, in which her daughter then nodded her head.

"What do we have for breakfast, mom?"

"Omelette, a glass of milk, and also slices of beef ham. Your favourite breakfast menu. Eat it quickly but carefully, okay? You might be late for the school bus."

Christine nodded as she quickly jumped to sit on the dining chair, enjoying her breakfast meal to start her day. "Will you be busy as well today, mommy?" asked her sweet little angel as she enjoyed her breakfast. "Yes, sweetheart. Unfortunately, I'll be super busy today with some stuff back at the university. Do you want me to come home early or buy you something on my way home?"

Catharina Christine Clementine, her fifteen years old daughter grew up as a lovely and wonderful girl. All about her represent her mother, Fransesca Adelaidine. From personality to how pretty she became today, everything— and everyone would agree that Fransesca basically gave birth to her own twins.

She taught her and took care of Christine by herself from her day one until today. Nobody helped her with anything, not even financially nor mentally. She did everything by herself even though her parents were so rich, so rich that they could even feed the whole city for weeks. But knowing that Fransesca gave birth out of wedlock with someone her parents never agreed with or know whom, they gave no shit for their own daughter and their grand-daughter, even until her mother's last wish on the deathbed.

"Mommy, can I have $30 today? My friends ask me to go out with them for dessert after school." asked Christine as Fransesca was wearing her blazer in front of the mirror. "Sure, darling. Should I pick you up or are you going to use the MRT and bus instead?" Fransesca asked her a question again after giving the permission to her daughter.

"I'm not sure but I think I'll use the MRT or Jessica's driver will drive me back home as well."

Fransesca nodded as she started to comb her hair and did some touch up to her makeup. "Text me if you're home or at the cafe already, okay? Let me be updated all the time so I don't have to worry about you during my work." she smiled at her daughter from the reflection on the standing mirror.

As Christine took her last spoonful of omelette, she smiled at her mother in reply to her words. "Yes, mom. I'll always keep you updated with my location. Don't worry, I'll be super fine!" she assured Fransesca, which made her mother feel super relieved.

Christine took a glance at the clock and took her bag on the living room's couch. "Mommy, I'm going now. The bus can be downstairs any minute now," she told her while wearing her backpack. Then, she stood on her toes as she tried to reach her mother's cheek and kissed her softly there. "I love you, mom."

"I love you too, sweetheart. Be careful and study well, okay? I'll see you after school."

"Buy me some fruits on your way home, please?"

"Will do, sweetheart. I'll buy some mangoes and apples on my way back."

Christine put on her shoes and waved her goodbye before she finally left the apartment unit, leaving Fransesca all alone. It was her cue when she could see the school bus downstairs, picking her daughter for school, to leave the house for work. There were some lectures that she needed to do today and certainly wasn't an easy one.

"Come on.. Come on.." she mumbled as she rushed herself to reach for her bag and laptop, trying to do things faster. "Let's not be late."

Soon, the apartment was left empty. The mother who dedicated her whole life for her daughter was nowhere to be seen again until near midnight for her works today piled up after several days being abandoned due to her busy schedule on taking care of another matter at the university as well. All that she did now as a lecturer was something she needed to do to support her daughter's needs and to provide her with everything.

Yes, she managed to enjoy a life this comfortable after years of struggle. Finishing her studies as well as being a mother at the same time, not to forget being a single mother while working her ass the whole day; surely not an easy thing to do. Fransesca Adelaidine able to do things she never thought she would be, all for Catharina Christine Clementine.

Her one and only.

to be continued.