Expect The Unexpected

20 August 2022

It's a news nobody expected to read in the morning, especially for Clayton.

The news regarding his relationship with Fransesca was caught and brought to the public. He forgot that one thing; even if he lives a separate life with his legal wife, Melissa, during their marriage, Fransesca will always be seen as the homewrecker. As the third-wheel in his marriage and those comments prove the thing he feared the most, she feared the most.

It was true that all this time, Melissa was the one who tried so hard to reunite them both into this relationship. She was the one who wanted them to go back together and fix what's been in the past. Melissa did it with all that she could and she did, finally, able to make the two reconcile at the end, though after her death from cancer.

As he saw his woman sleeping next to him, Clayton knew he needed to do something. A clarification or so, to help to clean Fransesca's name from all the rumors and allegations that the netizens and tabloids made for them. This kind of rumor would not only tarnish his family's situation, but Fransesca's family as well as herself; who's a reputable lecturer in this country.

"This news, I'm going to sue."

Clayton told his lawyer as he read those comments made for the woman. "It changes everything! That's not the truth. In fact, Melissa and I divorced a long time ago. Almost fifteen years already! We've been separated though we never had the chance to take care of the documents. We have the documents regarding our agreement in the past. If it's needed, you can publicize the content. We're hanging on the legal status just to keep my parents happy and that's all. Even Melissa lived a life peacefully with her own lover prior to our marriage, Tolentino, and I had nothing to oppose."

"Except our reconciliation that took place this month, in fact, days ago, as well as the story between me and her in the past, all seems to be lies. They're trying to make her look bad and I never want her to be portrayed as one. Melissa and I have agreed in the past to live our own life. It's a fake marriage, let's just say it that way."

He continued to talk on the phone to his lawyer, debating on which plan would be better for them to tackle this issue and false rumors as he walked himself to the balcony and stood there, not wanting to disturb his beloved's sleep. The conversation surely was a serious one, as he didn't notice that the woman soon awakened from her sleep after hearing his voice.

As Fransesca took her phone to reply to some texts from her colleagues and friends that she might have missed, she received so many notifications, flooding. Just like usual, she checked on her group chat with her bestfriends, in which they seemed to be worried, as she saw several missed calls on the notification from them.

They talked about things she didn't understand before the woman finally read a link sent by Estelle there. Now, she knows why. Everyone thought that she's a homewrecker, surely because of Clayton's known-to-the-public status as a married man. This was why she refused Melissa's offer and those convincing words back then, because she knew this would be a mess.

She would never be a third-wheel in someone's relationship. She would never do things like that and she hates to be associated as one of them. Fransesca's eyes were full of tears when she saw the comments left under the news, that she's a homewrecker and so on. Not to mention, the false facts and upcoming rumors in the news.

All that she had in mind was her daughter. How would her daughter cope up with baseless rumors that tarnished her parent's as well as her reputation? Fransesca doesn't want the little lady to live a life where she would need to be in fear all the time. No, that's exactly not what she wanted her to be in.

The mother of one wiped her tears and started to text her friends and colleagues to clarify the fake news and rumours. It was already hard for her to do it repeatedly.

"Sweetheart," he called her as he's just done with his phone call. He found her eyes swollen, from her sleep and from crying, as they were red and he could see some tears left there. Also, with her hands holding her phone, he knew what happened without the need to be explained. "I'm sorry. I've contacted my law firm and representative to clarify things. To clarify my marital status to Melissa as well as our relationship."

Clayton hugged her tight as he landed some kisses on her cheeks and a sweet peck on her red lips. She nodded slowly, letting the man do whatever he wanted to. He pulled her into a tight hug while his hands caressed her back softly, gently, not wanting to make her scared or whatsoever. He wanted to prove to her that he could solve things like this and he would always do his best in order to keep her and their daughter safe.

"We need to talk to Christine."

"I'll be the one, then. It's my turn."

He then hugged her tighter again. Clayton knew how his woman must've been very upset and shocked upon reading the sudden news that was published without her knowing or consent. Things like that would stir up so many probabilities in the future and she hates it. She hates to be the center to everyone's attention for doing something that she never thought would blow this big.

"Sweetheart, listen. You don't need to act strong all the time. If you want to cry more, then do it. If you want to smile, then smile. If you want to be angry, then cry and scream. Vent it out to someone like me or something like the punching bag. But remember, I'm here to do whatever I can to keep you safe from those eyes and words. I'm going to be the father and husband figure for both of you." he whispered as he kissed her softly on the lips.

Then he flashed his smile at her. "How are you feeling now?"

"Better."

Clayton nodded and held her hands tight. "Tell me if you want to rest again. That's okay." he told her. The woman could only nod once and wiped her tears away again. He knew how much the news and comments hurt her deeply inside her heart.

So he'll take whatever he can to keep them happy. Forever.

to be continued.