A Day Out

20 July 2022

It was a day out for the five of them: Fransesca, Christine, Clayton, Tolentino and Melissa. They decided to spend a day in an amusement park together. While Fransesca and Melissa spent their time happily there, as the woman had never been there once in sixteen years or more, Clayton couldn't help but to keep looking at his wife in worry.

The dream he had last night was truly a nightmare. Yes, both Fransesca and Melissa were there in his dreams and since then, he couldn't rest properly. Somehow his heart told him that today would be the last time they saw each other. The last day he will be able to spend with Melissa, the woman who became his wife though they never loved each other.

His best friend and forever will be.

"Are you okay, Melissa?" asked Clayton after contemplating to do so. Tolentino turned his attention to his partner as well, to see her reaction in which Melissa answered with a nod. A simple nod that she always gave to either of them.

"Clayton, go accompany Fransesca and Christine. We came here so we could spend time with our beloved ones and I know how you would love to spend your time with them both." Melissa told him to go away. "But Mel, if you feel unwell, tell us immediately, okay? Me or Tolentino. You're sick and we want to keep you safe and okay." he said.

Melissa nodded and smiled at Clayton. "I will, worry not, you both."

Clayton then left them two alone as he joined his daughter and Fransesca. He told him, Tolentino, about his dream last night and the man told him the same thing as well. As if they knew that today would be the last day for Melissa and they needed to prepare themselves for the worst to come, today or tomorrow. No one really knows.

But something bothered him as well. Tolentino also told him that dreamt about Fransesca crying her heart out in front of Clayton in his dream, but he only froze in his position as if he couldn't do anything to calm her down or to take her away from that sadness.

Two things started to bother him and if he was to tell the truth, he couldn't bear to worry about what will happen in the future between him and Fransesca. Now that the truth of Christine was revealed, he wondered what secrets lay behind her. What secrets did Fransesca hold?

"Daddy, let's try that one!"

"That one too, daddy!"

Christine excitedly held his hands as they walked side by side, pointing at every ride they could take. Meanwhile, Fransesca let the two of them spend their time together. She only followed the two from behind while enjoying her view of the crowds and the joy that was shared by everyone in the whole amusement park. It's been a while since she visited one.

"Fransesca, come here and walk side by side with us!"

Clayton asked her to join when he realized that the woman was nowhere by his or Christine's side, but behind them. So he stopped and smiled at her. But Fransesca shook her head as she refused to do so. "No, it's okay, Clay. It's your time to spend with Christine. I'll be here." she responded as she refused him, but the man insisted.

"Mommy, come on! It won't be fun without you."

"You can spend your time with your daddy more, sweetheart."

"Mom.."

Fransesca giggled when she saw Christine's expression. Between their conversation, he took some brave action by reaching for her hand and holding it tight, causing the woman to blushed and took some steps forward, now standing next to him with the man between the mother and daughter. "This is what I meant. Things won't be fun without you, Fransesca." he said.