That One Dream

19 July 2022

He suddenly found himself in the middle of his golfing session with his friends. Erick, Dave, and Jonah were there with their golf sticks, looking towards the hole they're aiming to. But somehow, he felt like he was never there. Somehow, it felt really different and weird.

"Clayton, be careful!"

The man quickly tried to pull his leg but too late, as the snake he didn't see earlier bit him. It bit him on the left leg, causing the man to fall to the ground in pain. He could see that the snake was black— just like a black mamba or it was, actually.

But there's no blood and his friends won't even turn their heads at him. As if his scream in pain wasn't heard at all, though they're only steps away from him. Literally steps away from him. Then, he looked around for help but no one was there.

Instead, he saw Fransesca and his wife there.

Fransesca cried when she saw him being bitten by the snake but she couldn't move forward. Her tears broke his heart for a reason he never knew. He had no idea but to think that she cried because of him. But her tears, he could comprehend it as a painful one.

Melissa was standing far away, under a tree, waving at him as if she's trying to say goodbye to the man. His heart stopped as he realized what's happening; it's a sign of Melissa trying to go away. Trying to let him go. To bid a farewell.

He tried to get up but he couldn't. He tried his best to stop her but he couldn't, as if his body was pinned down to the ground. Soon she faded away, along with the three of his friends. Things turned black and he opened his eyes with tears on it. Sweats on his forehead.

"Oh God..." he mumbled as he realized, it's the time already. It's time for Melissa to go away. To fly away from this world. He knew it's getting near but he never expected it to be this fast. "Melissa, I'm sorry that I can't love you. I'm sorry that I make you stuck in this marriage where you can't even be with Tolentino, the man you love. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

He knew that dream where Melissa waved her hands was a sign of her to say her goodbye... but that snake and its bite?

"Fransesca... god, what will happen to me? What will happen to her? Why is she crying...?"

He was left puzzled, confused, and scared.

to be continued.