Doing It By Herself

28 May 2022

This curiosity started to kill her slowly. Question that surrounder her mind these days became the one thing that disturbed her. Who is Fransesca Adelaidine and what made him, Clayton, knelt into her charm? The charm that hypnotized him into the word known widely as love.

She asked everyone and everywhere. She hired a private detective to search for more information about the woman. She tried everything that she could in order to know more about the woman who made Clayton become the man he's today. The man who's strong and brave yet weak in the name of love.

Files all over her table in her own study room. She read all of it one by one. Trying to understand every word that forms information regarding Fransesca's past and present life. About her family and her personal background. Interestingly, she found things that could be related in the most unexpected way; between Fransesca and Clayton himself.

"Shafa, will you please send Fransesca Adelaidine an email? I want to meet her as soon as possible to discuss several personal matters. Please let me know soon if she replies."

Melissa commanded her secretary, in which then the lass called by the name Shafa nodded. She also tried to list down Fransesca's major life events according to the data she received from her investigation along with what Clayton told her these past years.

"He left the country... August, 2006. Fransesca gave birth in early May of 2007. Catharina Christine Clementine— named after the three actresses they admired the most in the past. Fifteen, now she will be in high school. Her face and everything are similar to her mother... but—" Melissa paused as she started to count down the months of the pregnancy.

"I knew it. Christine must be Clayton's daughter. She didn't tell him about it after he's gone. She was never married or into a relationship after he left. If he told me that Fransesca rejected him because she doesn't love him, then there must be something bigger. Something that became her main reason... on why she decided to keep her child a secret rather than telling the father as well."

Melissa mumbled to herself. Then, a sudden pain in her stomach was felt. A severe pain that caused the woman to put down the paper on her hand back to the table. She lowered her head and bit her lower lips, trying to cope with the immense pain that struck her out of sudden. The disease started to show itself to her and she hates each moment it appears out of nowhere.

"But.. but if I try to look at the little girl again, it's certain that she inherited her nose and shape of the face. I have no doubt, but I know this won't be easy.." she mumbled to herself while trying to hold back her tears from the painful stomach ache. Meanwhile, Shafa could only stand in silence as the woman has always scolded her for trying to help.

"I know.. I must reunite them both again. They're in love with each other and I need to know the whole story behind them. The story why they ended up this way instead."

"This is my vow before I die."

to be continued.