Almost

12 May 2022.

The day of the first guest lecture and things kept her busy from every thought that lingered in her mind previously. Not even once did she think of the presence of Clayton today, who's invited for the second session of the lecture. Meanwhile, she's here, being in charge of the first guest lecture. With the thin differences of time between one lecture and another, there's a big possibility that they could meet in between.

"I'm very happy to be able to share what I know to everyone here. Thank you for having me here, students of NUS along with Professor Fransesca Adelaidine, who has been kind enough to accompany and help me today. I'll see you guys on top! Thank you!"

William Tan bid his farewell to all the students in the lecture hall as he finished his lecture for the day. Fransesca helped him with his laptop and things that he brought for today's special lecture. "Thank you, Professor. You've been so nice to me and I'm forever grateful for your help and assistance today and even during the preparation." William said.

"You're very welcome, Mr. Tan. Thank you for accepting our offer for today's special lecture." Fransesca replied with a smile curved on her pretty face. She then assisted the man out from the lecture hall, next to the lad.

Meanwhile, Estelle and the next guest lecturer— Clayton, was ready to enter the room to prepare for the next session. Estelle herself tried to think so hard on how to avoid the two; Clayton and Fransesca, saw each other when they walked out and in the lecture hall minutes after this. She had no idea on how to do so but she's trying her best at this point.

"Professor Estelle, Professor Fransesca with Mr. William Tan are leaving the hall. You're allowed to enter now." a student who's in charge to help them for the day told her and soon Estelle cursed inside her heart and mind. 'Why the fuck you mentioned Fransesca's name? I'm trying my best here!', she screamed inside. Hoping that the lad wasn't aware or hear what the student just told them.

As Estelle saw William Tan leaving the lecture hall alone, she raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Professor Estelle, she's still inside as there's a problem with the projector. I'll leave by myself as she looks super busy with fixing the cable there. Perhaps she needed some help." William told Estelle, in which again, she cursed inside for the unexpected event.

No time left for the next session's lecture. She needed to bring him inside and so she did, after thanking William for his presence today. She could see the woman, Fransesca, talking to two students there seriously between the seats of the audience. Estelle tried her best to keep Clayton's attention fixated on the lecture's podium. "You can put down your belongings here. Should I help with the presentation, Professor Kingsley?" asked Estelle in a friendly and kind manner.

"Yes please, Estelle. Thank you very much. Please, don't call me a professor again. You're not my student again, but a professor as well. Let's keep things semi-formal, okay? And yes, should I use my own pointer or the one provided?" Clayton asked Estelle, in which the woman answered, "You can use yours if you want. That's super okay, Mr. Kingsley. I'll help with the setup. You never changed a bit. I remember that you always used yours as well in the past."

"It's my habit to do so, Estelle. Having one and using my own feels much more comfortable."

It was several minutes after until Fransesca left the lecture hall with the students, not realizing that the man whom she avoided was there already. But Estelle was super optimistic that Clayton didn't notice the woman nor see her around, as she kept him busy with the preparation and simple conversations they had.

Only then, Estelle could breathe in relief after seeing that Fransesca has left the hall already and there's no chance for them to meet or see each other. At least, that's what she believed and thought of.

to be continued.