A Bit of Information

18 May 2022.

Working from his own home became a thing for the man these days. He controlled his architecture company back in the States through online sessions to keep himself updated with everything that happened on the other side of the world. Clayton himself decided to retire from being a lecturer years ago, after he decided to build his company worth hundreds of million dollars.

He spent his whole day in his study room, signing electronic statements and so on, making sure that things are just as he wanted them to be. It wasn't easy, but he tried his best. Clayton became a successful businessman soon after he arrived in the United States, upon his marriage with Melissa, the one his parents arranged him with.

In between his work hours, he never checks his phone. Not even once he touched the thing and focused himself merely for his work. He took the phone just to call his colleagues or subordinates so he could ask about several matters directly, time efficiently.

Hours passed until he finally sent the last file that he approved to his secretary. It was surely a tiring day for him; physically— and also, his mind. He felt like his brain was burning from all the things that he needed to finish and thankfully, he managed to do so.

Several notifications were seen unread on his phone screen. Clayton Nicholas Kingsley, the eldest of the Kingsley family, decided to pick the phone up and replied to every text he received. One came from an alumni that he taught years ago and also his step-brother who worked at NAFA.

Clayton decided to check on the alumni's text first and soon a smile was curved on his face. It's about his beloved Fransesca Adelaidine.

Professor! I received some news from my friends. Fransesca is currently a professor at both NUS and NAFA. Her position at NUS is higher than the one in NAFA. She's a mother to a daughter, but my friend couldn't make sure whether she's married or not— or who's her husband. Her daughter is currently in middle school. She told me the name of her daughter but I forgot so I'll let you know later. She still lives in Holland Village.

The only unfortunate thing that we heard was that she's now at the edge of being kicked out from her own family. There's a rumor circulating around the socialites that Fransesca did something against her father's will and he's furious at her.

Though the last paragraph sounds super painful, he's happy to hear that she's doing well now. One thing he never imagined was Fransesca becoming a mother of a teenage daughter. His imagination plays around as he could see how her daughter would be; just as pretty as Fransesca is. Well, he never knew the fact that her daughter was his as well. Their daughter, to be exact. Somehow, deep inside his heart, he wanted to meet her daughter and see the resemblance they had. 'You two must be twins instead,' he said inside his heart.

The exhaustion he felt from working hours in front of his laptop faded away when he heard the simplest information of Fransesca. He felt happy and the weight in his heart lifted a bit. That's when he decided to check on his younger step-brother's text.

Are you trying to dig around Fransesca Adelaidine's profile? The alumni who told you about her asked me. I'm her colleague at NAFA. I found it interesting as you never tried to look for a woman in secret?

Clayton let out a simple laugh from his lips when he read the text sent by Henry. So his ex-student actually asked Henry about Fransesca? What an interesting topic. He then sent him a reply.

Tell me, does her daughter look like her a lot?

It didn't take minutes until he received another reply from Henry.

Oh, yes. Her daughter is the splitting image of her mother. From the personality, face, to how she talks. Her daughter is actually a wise child. Wiser than adults that I know.

He couldn't help but to smile as he read the reply. Clayton knew how it would be and how she actually would be. Just like her mother. Inside, he felt jealous over Fransesca's husband. He must've been super nice and lucky to have her as his wife.

Anyway, aren't you going to look for that woman? Oh, is Fransesca the woman that you love? The one who rejected you in the past? It's her, right?!

Clayton shook his head and locked his phone after he read the question asked by his younger brother who knew nothing about what happened in the past, between him and Fransesca. Henry was not introduced into the family yet at that time. His mother's infidelity was surely a disaster in the family, once. Claudius was the only person who knew the mess he's in back then.

Fransesca Adelaidine, the reason behind his heartbreak and the heart that blossoms with love.

to be continued.