High School Visit

25 May 2022

The two best friends spent the day joining the open house for Nanyang All Girls' High School. Though Vincent was a boy and wasn't able to enter the school, he agreed on accompanying his one and closest friend to visit the school she's always wanted to enter. Their graduation from middle school is around the corner so everyone has started looking for their future high school.

"So, are you accepted into that school already?" asked Christine to Vincent, in which the boy nodded his head to. "Ah, that boarding school? Yes, I'll be flying to La Rosey soon after the graduation ceremony. I'll text and call you still so don't worry." he answered with a smile on his face.

After going around and even being involved in several events held by the school's student clubs, they decided that it's time to go home. Christine decided that Nanyang All Girls' High School will be her next school and she immediately took the registration form as well as the pricelist file home, something to be presented to her mother.

Fransesca told her to do so if Christine felt like the school suits her well. As much as she wanted to also follow Vincent to Switzerland, she knew how her mother currently is. La Rosey is one of the most expensive schools in the whole world and she knew going there would cost a lot of money. Her grandfather was rich and her mother supposed to be the sole heir to his inheritance as well as wealth. Spending a crazy amount of money for her education would mean nothing, but to understand that her mother and her grandpa weren't on good terms after her birth, Christine decided to let her dream be a dream.

Christine didn't want to burden her mother with pressure and thoughts of spending more money to send her away from this country. The amount of money she spent for her education in Singapore itself cost a fortune and she knew how her mother independently worked for all that she has right now with not even a help from her grandparents, this includes her late grandmother.

"You still want to go to La Rosey, arent't you?" Vincent asked Christine, in which the lass nodded. "As much as I wanted to, I needed to remind myself to find a school that my mother could afford. Besides, leaving her all alone here would break my heart. She'll be super lonely. She has no one else but me." Christine replied with a smile on her face. "But I'm okay, Vincent. That's how life is. I just want to see that smile on her face."

"NAGHS is also a good school. If you're accepted, I believe your mother would be very happy and delighted!"

Christine nodded her head and stood on the entrance gate of the school, waiting for her mother to pick her up. She told her earlier this morning to pick her up here at two in the afternoon. It's now two past fifteen and she saw nothing but other cars passing by.

"Your mother will pick you up, right?" asked Vincent. "She should've picked me up several minutes before but I received nothing yet from her. I think I'll take the bus instead!" she answered. Vincent quickly shook his head. "Join me! My uncle is here to pick me up. I'm sure he could drive you back home as well. Our houses are pretty close to each other, right?" Vincent offered.

Just seconds after, a black car stopped in front of them. The window was lowered and Vincent greeted his uncle joyfully. "Uncle! Can you drive my friend back home as well? It's not that far from our house. I think her mother is busy." asked Vincent to his uncle, Clayton. "Sure, jump in! I'll drive you back home." he answered.

A smile was seen on her face. She bowed to thank the man for his kindness and quickly entered the car, sitting on the back seat and quickly texted her mother in which Fransesca replied with an apology for not being able to pick her up after an urgent matter came up in the university.

"What's your name?" asked Clayton while he drove the car away from the girls school. "Catharina Christine Clementine. You can call me Christine, uncle. My mother was supposed to pick me up but she texted me just now that something urgent came up in the university." she introduced herself as well as explaining her situation to the old man.