Ep 2

I dressed up for the award ceremony though I felt like the world was pushing me not to. I wanted to go to the ceremony with happiness and boldness of getting the award this year. But there is no way.

"You look stunning, smile a bit more" My manager said as she entered the room.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Room service, you asked for towels and there is a delivery" The voice spoke.

"Come in, the door isn't locked" I replied. The guy came in and placed the towels on the bed. He then placed the bouquet and a gift box infront of me and bowed. I bowed back a little and he left.

"Wah! It's from AmyGuardian again" My manager commented. 

AmyGuardian is the username of my fan who has supported me all my journey till now. He/ she was the best person in all 22 years of  life.

"Chocolate!?!" I exclaimed as I opened the gift.

"No!" My manger held my hand before I kept one in my mouth. She then took the whole box and threw it away.

"You have a lot of photoshoots and dramas this month you can't gain weight" She said. I pouted as I looked at them and then she dragged me out of the room for the ceremony.

┈◦•◦❥◦•◦┈

I sat at the ceremony along with other nominated actress. I could feel wrongful stares pierce from the audience from afar at the live event.

"Best actress award goes to..."

"Who could it be!?"

"As expected...it's Chae Dami!!!" 

I sighed heavily as I walked out of the ceremony to the car. I looked back as I felt a presence and realized that reporters were all around me.

I lifted my gown a little and ran as if my life was depended on it.

I hoped into the car not even realizing that my dress hanged out of the car.

"UNNIE!!! FAST PLS!!!" I yelled.

We drove in immense speed.

┈◦•◦❥◦•◦┈

NIKI POV

I cleaned the last table. It was almost the time for the guests of the hotel to arrive as it neared the dinner time.

"Niki!" My boss called me. I left the cloth in my hand and ran to him in slower pace. He called me into the kitchen to talk privately.

"Niki" He said and held my shoulders. "I am really sorry to say this but, I can't give you the full pay this month too" He said. 

I sighed.

"Sir, I worked even overtime many times just because I respected you how can I live on without money for my basic needs too" I bursted as it was the 10th month of no pay.

"I am sorry, My wife got diagnosed with 4th stage cancer. I can't pay for next 4 months. I am not sure about after that too. I am sorry" He sighed remorsefully. 

"I am quitting boss. I can't live on like this. I have my family to support too" I said and walked away in anger.

The boss followed me out.

"Niki, I know I can't stop you from leaving. But here your monthly salary" He said.

I held the salary bag.

Suddenly my phone rang  "Niki, Mom's operation is successful but" My brother paused.

I prepared myself to hear any worst possible.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Mom is undergoing allergic reactions because of the transplant so we need more money...and dad came and took away the money you sent last month" He added.

I looked at the salary in my hand. I hung upon the call and walked out of the Hotel.

I looked back at the hotel.

"How come such a rich hotel can't even pay their workers proper wages?" 

"Ok! I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!" I heard a girl yell as she stepped out of the her car. She was the same one who I delivered bouquet before. 

I scoffed. "These rich people have much problematic life" I sighed.

"HE! He is my boyfriend" The girl pointed at someone.

I looked around puzzled.

"He is my boyfriend" She said and interlocked her arm with mine.

To be continued...