Somewhere Out There Is A Prayer

The evening sets in, and Ica returns home, her heart heavy after Claude said they couldn't...rather he didn't want to be friends anymore. Ica has stopped crying, but that didn't stop the ache she felt in her heart. "Why am I so upset? She thinks to herself. I've only known him a couple of weeks. A month maybe. And he is much older than me. So why do I feel so attract... She shakes her head, removing the thoughts inside. He's gone now so I have to accept that. Startled out of her thoughts, The Promised Neverland opening theme plays on her phone. She reaches over to grab it and sees Kalista's profile picture on her screen. Sighing she picks up.

"Alright you've been quiet, and I thought it's best that we finish our conversation. I'm your best friend so I am trying to preven-

Ica cuts her off. "He's gone." She said in a flat tone. "So you don't have to worry. I won't be seeing him anymore." He texted me three days ago and told me to meet him at the bridge. You were right. He said he isn't who he says he is and that it's not good for me to be around him and that he's done things. He wouldn't tell me what, but said they were bad, and if anything happened to me he couldn't live with himself."

"Wow, okay. I knew this probably wasn't a good situation. Maybe this is Jehovah's way of speaking to you. I think maybe you should tell Morgana about what happened, especially since you are her bibe-

Ica, out of frustration raises her voice. "I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO MORGANA! I DON'T NEED TOO. KALISTA HE'S GONE OKAY! He's gone." She said, lowering her cracking voice. "I shouldn't be this devastated but I can't help how I feel. I got so angry...she said feeling ashamed. I actually grabbed hold of him and began screaming at him. Then on the way home I found a stick and started banging on stuff. A piece of bark broke off and hit me in the face. It cut me but I didn't care."

"Oh Ica...that's not good. I'm going to ask you this, and I want you to answer me truthfully. Are you taking your meds? Your behaviour has been...off and you are not yourself. I mean hanging out with someone of the opposite sex, ALONE. You were never really interested in romantic relationships, not to mention he is like 30 something years older than you. You yelled at me which you never do and you are acting impulsive."

"I'm taking me medicine." She answered plainly. "And I was NOT in a romantic relationship with him we are...well we were just friends." Ica retorted.

"Are you sure about that? Because you talk about him like he is more than just a friend. I think you need to say a prayer to Jehovah to clear you mind and ask him how to deal with this. And then speak to Morgana. Can you do that?"

Taking a deep breath, Ica says, "I can do that. I will pray right after we hang up. I promise."

"Alright, in that case I am going to let you go. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

After hanging up Ica walks over to the window, gazing up at the bright stars and the bright white full moon. "Hi moon," she says smiling. And with that she clasp her hands together and closes her eyes and begins to pray.

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑱𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒗𝒂𝒉, 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒖𝒑𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒐. 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒅 𝒐𝒇. 𝑰 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆...𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒏. 𝑰𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕, 𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝑴𝑼𝑪𝑯 𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒂𝒎. 𝑯𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 I 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌, 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒎. 𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 I 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 I 𝒂𝒎.