You May Kiss The Bride!

A month has gone by since Ica and Claude's engagement. For a little over a year now, they have been getting to know each other while growing closer each day. Despite the trails and past traumas that they have experienced in life, both have managed to find a level of peace and hope, especially after studying the bible and getting baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Now, the big day has come. Today, June 27th 2022 is their wedding day.

Ica is getting ready with the help of her mums 1 and 2, her matron of honour her Kalista, and three bridesmaids. Her cousin Neci, Liam's wife Lauren, and her beloved bible teacher Morgana.

"Only you would choose to wear a black dress on your wedding day. And I thought the gumball machine engagement ring was bad." Teased Kalista. "But, you are my unique and eccentric best friend, so I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Haha you know it!" Said Ica making a funny face.

"I remember a certain someone saying she was probably never getting married in this system and loved her singleness. But now look at you, all dressed up and ready to walk down the isle." Said Patricia smirking at her daughter.

"It's funny. I never thought it would actually happen either. I mean, when da would go on about how I was going to get married some day and blah blah blah, I used to think yeah okay. Now i'm kind of embarrassed to say that he was right." Admits Ica grinning stupidly.

"You have to remember to come see your ole mum #2 and the fur dibbuns. We don't want Mau Maus getting upset." Jo laughed. "Hon, I am so happy for you. I know we all doubted Claude in the beginning but we see how much he loves you. And I know you will make him happy, like you make me happy, and all your friends and family."

"Ica, I have seen you grow so much, in so many ways. You have become a beautiful person who knows how to get through hard times despite what you have gone through already, you now love someone who loves you dearly in return, and most importantly you have grown spiritually. I told you, that you are like a granddaughter to me. And I am so proud of you." Said Morgana smiling, her eyes gentle.

Neci lightly whacks her cousin on the arm. "Omg you were always so giddy when you talked about him. At least you found a man that treats you well and loves you. Maybe me and my ex...well he isn't my ex anymore. We finally got back together and we are getting along, but maybe one day we will be tying the knot like you guys."

"And Liam tells me how Claude is always talking about you. Trust me, I think most of their conversations were about you. Lauren said chuckling. "Like your mum said. He really loves you Ica."

"Thanks guys," Ica said, looking at each of them. "Claude makes me really happy. I love him so much. I think he is my gift from Jehovah. He has to be, seeing as we both got baptized on the same day...and we didn't even know it! But...you don't know how nervous I am! I feel all cold and shaky. "You know...after a year of knowing him...he still gives me butterflies." She admitted, holding her stomach.

"Well I think butterflies are a good thing." Said Jo winking.

Turning to look in the mirror, then back at her mums, matron of honour, and bridesmaid she holds her arms slightly apart she asked, "So, how do I look?"

In unison they all reply, "You look beautiful. Inside and out."

***

As Claude puts on his tuxedo, he is a basket of nerves. After years of being alone while also carrying around the guilt of his past mistakes and painful loss of his family, he has finally found someone who loves him completely and unconditionally. Now, he has chosen to spend the rest of his life with her. There, helping him get ready are his happy go lucky best man, Liam Bucksaplenty-Finch along with his groomsmen, Liam's uncle Boaris, XJ Neci's boyfriend, and Wes, Kalista's husband.