More Than Just Friends

It's about 6:30 in the evening when Ica and her mother are back. Though it's still light out, night time stars are making themselves visible. Turning to her mum, Ica says, "I'm sorry I kept everything from you. From now on I will be more honest."

"That's okay. I'm glad everyone is on the same page now. AND I promise to listen more and not be so stubborn or quick to over react. Ica grins. In a more upbeat tone she says, "So he really came in the library?

"Yup, returned a water logged book. Ironically it was The Last Mrs. Astor. Said he dropped it in a puddle. When I asked if he needed help, he stood there staring at me I thought he was going to pass out or something." I let it slide since you had just donated the one you bought, but told him next time he would have to pay for any other books he damaged. When he left, Seema though he liked me. You believe that?" Ica laughed.

"I go home and take a shower?" She ask.

"I guess." Have a goodnight and drive safe. Love you.

"Love you too."

After Ica gets home, she takes her shower she goes and plops down on her bed to relax, still thinking about the days events. Awakening her out of her thoughts, her phone buzzes. It's Kalista. Probably checking in on me she guesses. When she answers, Kalista waste no time getting to the point.

Alright, there is definitely something going on with you and Claude." She said immediately.

"What?"

"You heard me. I saw they way you guys were looking at each other, just saying. AND you called him MY CLAUDE.‟ Ica blushes. Sighing she says,

"Okay maybe I do like him...like him. But I don't know how it will ever work.

"Are you talking about the huge age gap?" She ask plainly.

"Yeah," she says slowly. Yeah I guess so. Oh, I don't know. And besides, I don't even know if he likes me back.

"From what I can see, I think he might."

"Really?" Ica says hopeful.

"Yup. HOWEVER I think two need to have a serious talk."

"Yes, but when? I don't want to do it over the phone." And with a little bit of humour in her voice says. "And I'm not meeting him in the park." Kalista laughed.

"Alright, how about we meet up somewhere. I'll go with you so you aren't alone."

"Okay, well let me text him and see what he wants to do."

"Alright, let me know k?

"K, bye."

***

Claude turns the key and enters his quiet flat. "What a day." He breathed. But it sure was nice to see Ica. I didn't know how much I've missed her. Or how much I care about her...no, if i'm being honest... it's much more than that. Claude lays down on the couch and reaches for a fresh book he picked up at the library. "The Company We Keep" he reads the title aloud. "Hmm." He opens the cover and reads the first chapter, but he can't really focus. All he can think about Ica...and his feelings for her. ‟Maybe I should call Liam." He picks up the phone and begins to dial his number. He picks up on the second ring.

"Hello my friend."

"Hi Liam, I actually had something on my mind..."

"Sure Claude what is it?"

"Ica." Claude said flatly.

"Gee, he gives a little laugh. "That's nothing new, she has been on your mind all day."