Part III

Within the city of Richmond, just right down the street, a little trading market was situated next to the harbors, the atmosphere filled with the stench of fish and sweat as people moved around, others buying, others selling or maybe both.

Amongst one of the ships arriving that early afternoon was the ship Anastasia, a possession of the notorious Captain Oneye.

The nickname was retrieved from how he had lost one of his eyes fighting pirates who had seized his daughter, Anastasia, and how during the episode, one of the pirates had grazed his eyelid off and bulged his eye out, causing great fury in the man, consequently he defeating all forty-three pirates with one eye locked forever.

His daughter Anastasia however rebuked such a horrendous event ever happening and that his losing of one eye was simply caused by his foolishness of trying to force his pet cat, Philip, to have a wash. Obviously that never ended well.

Still, the old man was menacing enough that one could believe any story.

After all, it was he and his ship Anastasia transporting one of the greatest men of the late 18th century, John Laurens, a man possessed with the vision of ending slavery.

He was a man known for not only his statuesque looks but his integrity, he held quite a reputation across the states, making people like Senior Anderson even more famous as for the fact of knowing him.

Laurens took his hat off as a stream of sweat rolled down his temples.

"How was the journey Mr Laurens?!" Oneye spoke gleefully as they stepped onto land finally.

"I must say, you're a captain of profession. Besides the natural oscillation of the ship, I almost thought I was on land," Laurens praised, causing a proud smile to spread over the man's face.

"And where do you hurry to? I see you seem quite distressed."

"He doesn't wish to speak about it, and I don't think it concerns you," Aaron spoke, Laurens' right hand man.

Lieutenant Aaron Thrasher, a young American that had served his country for more than a decade. A long pink scar stretched from his chin to his right round ear. He held a smile as warm as the Antarctic with a round bald head.

"Now Aaron, don't be so hasty. We owe the Captain some information. But we must hurry and speak to Anderson first before the sun sets, we must warn him of the dangers ahead of us," Laurens spoke walking towards a coper and grabbing two horses in exchange for his five silver coins.

"Dangers? The East? What is this you speak of? And why must you see Senior Anderson so urgently? Although he himself seems to have a lot on his plates at the moment," Oneye sighed.

Laurens frowned, passing a brown mare towards his friend. 

"A lot on his plate? What seems to be the matter? I don't recall him telling me of any matters before."

"I am certain he did not, it happened not more than a month ago, perhaps a week ago? You could say it caught us all by surprise."

"What is this problem you speak of? Had someone died?" Aaron spoke inquisitively.

"No, not at all, it had to do with one of his sons... What is his name? Jacob? Jerel?"

"Jackson," the coper spoke behind Laurens. Oneye gave the man a look of warning before turning his head away.

"Yes, Jackson. You see..." Oneye moved towards the two young men, as if making sure no other soul would listen in. "He abused one of the lands workers, a woman of course."

"Abused?" Laurens spoke in alarm. "You mean.." he failed to finish the words.

"Yes, he did exactly that. He forced himself on her.... But of course that's just a story I overheard my daughter and her peers debating over. She happened to have a liking on both Jackson and the brother, they're twins."