Ch. 01 - Enter: Smash Brothers

This is the tale of  you! Your quest to join the roster of Super Smash Brothers; a  competition held by the great entities, Master Hand and Crazy Hand. It's  something you have wanted to be apart of ever since you were a child.

The roster is huge,  consisting of so many different kinds of people; the famous Super Mario,  the great hero Link, the Infamous Koopa King Bowser, and so many more!  You want to be among that roster, but it is quite difficult to get in.  You have some others who are interested in joining you. Your sister  Veen, your friend Joro, and your childhood rival Chrono. You all have  wanted to join Smash Bros since you were wee children, and now you were finally able.

On the trip to the Smash Mansion, you  reflected on your training. You had great abilities of Air, Fire, and  Earth, while Joro had water abilities. You two used to train against  Veen, who had fists of steel. If you weren't trying to master your  elements, you were being trained in hand-to-hand combat by your sister.  Chrono was always a good person to train against too, as he trained on his  own and liked to test his skills against yours. You both were evenly matched,  and your memories of fighting him were good ones, equal in wins and  losses.

Finally, the Smash Mansion was in view. Your eyes widened as you saw it.

"Woah," Joro pointed at the mansion as it was coming into view, "It's the smash mansion!"

Your  grin became wide as your dreams were beginning to come true. You looked  at her with the same excitement in your eyes that she had. Veen looked  at you two and closed her eyes to collect her thoughts.

"Remember,  we all may not get into the tournament. Only the best of the best are  able to enter, and we will be facing off to prove our worth."

"It'll  be easy for me," Chrono leaned back in his seat of their horse driven  wagon, "I'm evenly matched with [y/n]. If we compete against one  another, it'll be one of us getting in." His face then looked stern as  he looked into your eyes.

"And I don't plan to lose."

This  sent shivers down your spine. Chrono was quite determined, but so were  you.
Though, how was he so certain you two would be facing each other?  And what about Joro and Veen? Who would they face?

The horse  stopped at the front of Smash Mansion, and the four of you hopped out,  approaching the front door. With a light push, it opened, and you all  cautiously stepped in. There was a simple table, with four of the famous  fighters there.

To the far left was the hero of time, Link.
Next to him was the Princess saving plumber, Mario.
To his right was the galactic bounty hunter, Samus Aran.
and to the far right was the cute but fierce pokemon, Pikachu.

They took notice of your group almost immediately upon entering.

"Welcome  to-a Smash Brothers," Mario spoke up before looking at the four with a  serious expression. Link was just as serious looking, but he remained  silent. You felt another shiver upon your skin. You were finally here.  Face to face with your idols! Mario, Link, Samus... they were all here!

Veen noticed that you were star struck with excitement, so she spoke up.

"We are here to enter for Smash Brothers," she said.

Mario looked at the papers and said, "well, we've got room for two more."

A frown came upon your  face as you realized not all four of you were going to be able to make  it into Smash. You were disappointed to say the least- this was like a  shatter to your whole world! Joro put a hand on your shoulder and said,  "hey, it's gonna be alright! Whoever gets in deserves it. It'll be a  test to see who of us truly are the best fighters in our little group."  Her reassurance put a small smile on your face.

You nod to her and she smiles.

"You  all will-a be facing one of us. Whoever can-a beat us will get a place in-a smash. Whoever does not win, however, will not," Mario explains, "we  will-a be putting matches up based on the skills we see on your  applications."

Samus then speaks up, "you have fifteen minutes  to get ready. Any gear you may wish to put on, any weapons you use in  your personalized move set, and any last minute training you want to do  as warm up to face us, this is your time to do it."

"Got it,"  Chrono grinned, before heading off to the locker rooms. You, Joro, and  Veen thanked the smash bros fighters. Veen collected a sheet of paper  from Link, and then you all followed behind Chrono, so you could get  ready for the fight.

You walk into your locker room, and get  your gear on. Golden armor that is both durable and flexible- easy for  you to be agile in, but still take some hits with minimal damage.  Accompanying your golden armor is a knight-like visor and a sheath on  each hip for the swords that you were given on your sixteenth birthday;  the two swords of two fates. You're not sure why you were given these  swords, but their name suggests that they will guide you to one of your  two fates. One of the swords was illuminated in white, suggesting  purity, while the other was shrouded in a black aura, which suggested  darkness or corruption. You were not completely skilled with these  swords, but supposedly by using their power together, it represented the  balance of good and evil. Maybe that was your fate?

"[y/n]," a  voice called out from the doorway. You looked over to see a woman who  looked like a secretary of sorts; with red eyes and a black suit with a  white turtle neck underneath. Once she saw that she had your attention,  she said, "you're up in five."

You nod and wave her off as  thanks for the information. You looked down at the paper that said who  you would be facing. It was Mario. With a sigh, you put on the last  piece of your gear; your red tattered cape, that had a black smash ball  logo on the back, and was obviously hand-made. A gift from Joro when you were ten. You sheathed the swords, and headed out to the  battlefield.

You stepped foot onto the platform, and it started  to rise. There were two platforms above you as well, as apart of the  battlefield layout. It was amazing at how modern the tech in Smash  Mansion was. You didn't come from the wealthiest of families, so a lot of  this was new to you, and you admired it greatly. But now wasn't the time  to be amazed by it, as you felt the rumble of your opponent jump onto  the platform. You looked over to him. The red plumber was adjusting his  hat, and getting into battle stance.

It was time. You would begin your battle against Mario, to see if you were worthy of getting into smash bros.