Ch. 13 - A New Day

Today's battles are the following:
Ness versus Kiran
Captain Falcon versus Yukari
Mykel versus Snake
Kirby versus Jigglypuff
Lucario versus Robynn
Inkling Boy Blue Versus Shulk
Veronica versus Prince Roy "Bully" Koopa
Alf versus Riku.

You definitely wanted to watch all of the newcomers battle it out. They were new, and you didn't know their moves and skill sets. Seeing the new fighters was always your favorite thing to do, and you were always excited to see what kinds of fighters joined the battle at the Smash tournaments. This meant you would be attending Kiran's, Yukari's, Veronica's, and Riku's fights. You wanted to try and see Mykel and Shulk battle too, but they weren't on the top of your list. Right now though, you needed to get ready for the day.

You decided a shower would do you good, and most of the smash fighters showered at night, after their battles for the day. Some rooms had their own private bathrooms, but there were also washrooms for the fighters to go and bathe, shower, and freshen up like how there were showers in the locker rooms. Your room at the Smash Mansion didn't have a bathroom, so you had to use the shared one. You took your golden bathrobe with the Final Smash logo, golden towel, and showering supplies with you and made way for the bathroom.

The washrooms were separated by gender the same way the lockers were. There were the male and female rooms, as well as one for characters whose gender doesn't matter, such as duo fighters and genderless characters. You saw Mr. Game and Watch enter the male restroom, and Chrom pondering which one to enter. You entered one of the bathrooms and began your shower, scrubbing your body and hair with shampoo and body wash. Your shower was quick, and you would change into your normal attire there. When exiting the washrooms, you saw Yukari and Leo talking to one another. You couldn't help but overhear their conversation:

"I'm really worried about my upcoming battle. I'm fighting one of the original fighters..." Yukari said with a nervous tone.

"You'll do wonderful, Yukari." Leo assured her, "I know you have endured lots of struggles, and those challenges have prepared you for this battle."

"Yeah, but I wasn't even meant to be here. Makoto was— I was just a mistake on the roster."

You thought to yourself as the rest of their conversation became a blur to you. Could Yukari defeat Captain Falcon? Based on what you saw her wear on stage, she seemed to be a long ranged fighter, who uses a bow and arrow. Knowing she's from the same universe as Joker, you think that maybe she'll have some buffed attacks as well, with a persona like Joker. You also started to wonder how confident the other fighters felt in themselves too, as you entered the mess hall. Lots of them were from worlds that already had fighters here present, meaning lots of boosted morale. But there were still a few fighters, like Rayman and Yukari, who had next to no one. Did Joker and Yukari even come from the same timeline? Because now that you think about it, he wasn't cheering for her when she arrived on stage. No one was cheering more than usual, like Sora did for Riku, or the Fire Emblem Gang did for Kiran, Leo, and Veronica.

The first thing you noticed when entering was Ganondorf. He was sitting with some other villains, like Wolf and Dark Samus. You scoffed as you looked the other way. You didn't see your usual group in the mess hall, so you decided to eat alone.

Today you got to choose your own breakfast instead of Veen choosing it for you. You picked out waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. You got three different kinds of syrup — blueberry, strawberry, and maple — as well as a glass of orange juice. This was the closest thing you could make to your favorite breakfast of all time. Just as you were about to begin eating though, Young Link walked by and smacked your glass of Orange Juice out of the way, causing the glass to shatter on the ground, leaving a puddle of orange sticky liquid. You looked angry, as the child slammed down a glass bottle of milk on the table. It cracked slightly on the bottom, and you could see it starting to leak. Before you could say anything though, Young Link left, and you were even more angry than before. Before you could have a fit though, two new fighters sat at your table with you: Riku and Veronica.