Ch. 05 - The Plan

You had woken up about two hours ago thanks to Veen being your personal alarm clock. She was always quite good at managing time and making sure you were well fed, in good hygiene, and just overall at your best. You rose from your bed sleepily, dusting off your PJs as you walked out of the room to the mess hall with your sister.

It seemed a lot of Smash Fighters went to the mess hall in their PJs for Breakfast, as you could see Princess Peach in her nightgown with her hair messy, held together in a little sleeping cap, Zelda was in some pajama shorts and a tank top with the tri-force on it, and you even saw Ganondorf there, wearing boxers and a T-shirt...

Ganondorf...

Your eyes widened, and you became completely alert upon remembering the guy Shulk told you about! It was Ganondorf. But what was he doing in the mess hall? While it appeared that he was just eating, you couldn't help but feel uneasy.

You went to the line to order your breakfast, hearing Ike and Roy discuss something about Robin and Corrin, but couldn't quite make out the conversation. Behind you, you heard Pac Man making his signature 'waka waka waka' sounds. The noise was getting irritating, but Veen made sure you didn't act out in frustration.

Once you got your breakfast, which was two sunny side up eggs and some wheat toast, you sat at the table. Veen also got breakfast, which was some porridge. You heard Joro shout your name happily as she ran towards you and Veen, Chrono being dragged along behind her.

"VEEN! [Y/N]! You missed Chrono's battle against Luigi! It was so intense!"

Joro always had a hard time keeping her excitement contained. It was a little too much for you this early, but you knew she meant well.

"Spare us the details, I worry about what Chrono may have done to Luigi..." Veen said calmly, but with an uneasy tone. Joro laughed a little bit, knowing that Luigi was going to be out of battles for a little while.

"Hey," Chrono spoke, "[y/n]'s up in 10, they gotta eat quick, or DK is gonna win by default for no-show. Master Hand wouldn't like that."

Veen's eyes widened as she looked intensely at the schedule. Chrono was right, so she shoved the toast and eggs into your mouth before ushering you off to the lockers. The scenario was quite comical, and Joro even laughed. Ganondorf took notice too, and smirked, before leaving the Mess Hall as well.

--

You got your gear on in the lockers, then headed out to the field. It was Kongo Jungle- one of DK's home fields. He may have the advantage here, as you don't have much rock to work with, but you wouldn't allow him the satisfaction of winning in his home location.

You went through the door that lead to Kongo Jungle, and the map started to form to it's usual layout. You could hear the sounds of monkeys cheering, and then felt the platform shift in weight. Donkey Kong had arrived to the scene, ready for a fight. Both of you got into position, and the battle begun.

DK charged at you, slamming his fists onto the ground repetitively. You staggered at first, but managed to boost yourself into the air with your elemental wind power. Though, DK was much bigger than Mario, so he simply grabbed you and slammed you into the ground; somehow getting you stuck under the dirt and grime of the platform. You did your best to wiggle free, but the Kong had done the DK-clap on you, and you were greatly injured.

You mumbled something unintelligible, before unsheathing one of the two swords of two fates. You slashed at the gorilla, injuring him. He was now enraged, but you used your wind powers to boost higher up in the air than he could reach, landing behind him. You stabbed at his back this time, and Donkey Kong let out a howl.