Ch. 03 - Shulk's Request

You entered the mess  hall after about an hour more of resting from your battle. There are  lots of smash fighters as well as staff members in the room. You see  Princesses Peach, Daisy, and Zelda all sitting with Bayonetta and  Joker, and Lucina sitting with the other royal members of Fire Emblem  over on the other side.

Scanning the room more, you spot that  secretary woman who had spoken to you just before your fight. She was  just getting up and leaving the mess hall. You shrug it off as you  finally locate Shulk, who's waving you down. With him are two ladies. The tall orange inkling, and a blonde woman in white with the same green crystal as the inkling.

You approach Shulk and  two women, sitting across from them. You look at their trays,  and it seems that Shulk had been eating a sandwich, while the ladies were eating fried shrimp.

"I was starting to worry you wouldn't make it," Shulk spoke, holding out his hand for you to shake.

"I'm Shulk, it's a pleasure to meet you, [y/n]."

You  smile and shake his hand. He was nicer than you had expected; not to  say that you thought he was mean, but you weren't expecting him to be so  open to meeting you. You look at the blonde girl, and Shulk speaks up  again.

"Hey, Mythra, you should say hello to [y/n]."

Mythra looked annoyed once she looked at you, but gave a quiet, "hello," before her inkling friend waved at you. " Hello ! "

"Don't mind her. She's a  bit shy," Shulk said, as he  also looked towards her,  "Mythra got a slot in the roster with her sister Pyra, and Shellsea is a stand-in for one of the inklings... her father represents the Mii Fighters. " 

You  nodded and looked down at Shulk's unfinished sandwich. Your stomach  grumbled, as you hadn't eaten since that morning, on the way to the  Smash Mansion. You twiddled your thumbs and looked at Shulk, hoping to  hide your hunger. You weren't very successful.

"Hey," Shulk spoke up, his tone now more serious ( and he was oblivious to your hunger ), "to discuss what I called you here for..."

It  was as if the room suddenly got a lot quieter. The situation was that  important, that you tuned out all other noise as Shulk spoke to you.

"I  had a vision recently. One of a great evil taking over. The face of  Ganondorf was in the vision... but, in the same vision, you were  battling him with the help of Cloud Strife and Chrono. I can't help but feel we're missing part of the picture."

You  seemed a little disappointed by the mention of Chrono. You worried that  he may steal your thunder, or try to be a hero and mess things up. He  always was rather arrogant, after all.

"We can go to Midgar first, to meet up with Cloud, then come back here and speak with Chrono."

Mythra looked at Shulk now, and asked, "why not wait for Cloud to return to the mansion?"

"He  rarely ever stays here, since Master Hand has been able to replicate  parts of our homes here. He often stays at the 7th Heaven," Shulk  explained.

"Ah, so that's how Azurda got here, as a battleground."

"Yes."

Shulk pushed aside his plate and stood up.

"We don't have much time to waste. I fear what might happen if we take this threat lightly."

You  get up and head out of the mess hall with Shulk, Shellsea following  quickly once she realized you were all leaving. You smile at the inkling, and she gives you a small wave. She seems more shy without Mythra.