Ch. 16 - Yukari vs. Captain Falcon

Trigger warning: Persona 3 (where Yukari is from) contains suicidal imagery while not containing the actual act of suicide. If this mental image is uncomfortable for you, skip the chapter until the three dashed lines. (That'll be most of the chapter but allow you to see the winner results and what not).

—————

Yukari made her way onto the stage, a sigh escaping her lips as she adjusted her black jacket and bow sling. She double checked her thigh for her evoker, but this was probably more like a quadruple check or more. It was clear to anyone who'd seen her since she arrived at Smash Mansion that she was particularly in confident in her abilities. This was due to the fact that she — and everyone at the tournament, due to Master Hand's mistake — knew she wasn't the first pick for the newcomers roster. She reflected back on the scenario that got her here; it was more or less a "who draws the shortest stick" sort of thing. It could've very well been any of her other fellow teammates. She just wasn't sure if she was ready to truly fight against well seasoned fighters. She had a reason to fight back home, and that journey was over. This was all for fun and games, not something she was particularly interested in. With a deep exhale, she stepped onto the stage. For the viewers watching, it looked as though she had come from Velvet Blue doors... something Master Hand should have fact-checked before authorizing the change in cast.

Captain Falcon on the other hand was feeling more confident than usual. He was a seasoned fighter, fighting a newcomer. Just from the looks of it, she was a far ranged fighter, while he was the type of guy who liked getting up front and personal with his competition. He didn't get to do this on the regular, only during the Smash tournaments, so it's how he had fun with it. He was so confident, in fact, that he didn't bother to check out her records as a fighter, to see her abilities, skills, or overall move set. Yukari on the other hand, had been practicing for the fight alongside Leo, the Corrins, and occasionally Toon Zelda.

The stage began to transform into Mementos, but instead of its usual red, it became a blue color. Mementos was a noisy map in regards to color. It could be an eye strain, but most of the fighters enjoyed the flashy vibe of this stage. It was a fan favorite among the fighters. Joker, who was watching in the audience, was shocked by the color change — last tournament, the color was always red, and played music he was familiar with from his world. The music accompanying the blue mementos map was a song he was unfamiliar with, so this must be what was affecting the stage's appearance.

          Stage: Mementos — battlefield
         Song: It's Going Down Now [P3R]

You yourself weren't familiar with this song either. Master Hand did like to add in some new tunes every tournament, typically to match the newcomers. You wonder if you'll hear any of the new songs provided for the other newcomers, either in fights with them or others.

But now, for the battle.

Yukari raised her bow and aimed the arrow at Captain Falcon, shooting a few in his direction. Falcon dodged, all of which in a showy manner. He'd start throwing some punches and kicks, but nothing super powerful yet. Yukari dodged, but was having trouble reclaiming her distance.
The crowd was going wild, cheering for Falcon. You didn't want to cheer against Yukari, but you had to admit that Captain Falcon was pretty cool.

Yukari eventually managed to get some distance between herself and the muscular man by jumping to the platform above. She took the gun from her holster and aimed it to her forehead.  This shocked Captain Falcon, as he thought it was a real gun.