Ch. 08 - Dreams

Trigger warning: heavy violence & death.
Though I don't go into detail about blood,
the injuries in question imply blood.

To avoid this, skip the italicized sequence.

—— ⚔️ ——

Dark clashed with light as a figure of pure darkness fought against the aegis. An evenly matched fight partook on the battlefield grounds as Mythra yelled out things like:
"Why are you doing this?!"
"We trusted you!"
"What about the others?!"

All around the two fighters were the bodies of her friends. Shulk, Cloud, Zelda, Joker... even Shellsea was at the brink of death, and that's just to name a few. The figure didn't speak, continuing to fight with an inhuman amount of strength and stamina.

But Mythra wasn't alone.

"YYYYYYAH!" Chrono shouted as he was in a full sprint towards the enemy, "YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!" Chrono jumped up into the air, hand above head as he activated his time powers to get the upper hand on the foe. He raised a sword and got ready to plunge it into the mysterious being.

But it would prove to be in vain, as the young man felt something through his torso.

A sword of Light impaled the boy, but not the one from Mythra. Chrono's eyes were wide, like a deer in headlights. Tears formed, but he gave out a weak chuckle. The blade was dropped, and he fell to the ground. Looking up at the figure shrouded in darkness, he gave one last laugh with his final words.

"Heh... I guess you beat me..."

The figure would tower him, watching the life drain from his body. Their face soon coming into view...

"WAKE UP Y/N!"

It was Veen, yelling at you to get up. Your eyes shot open as your upper body sprung up from the bed. You were panting excessively, like you had just ran five miles without a single break. You were trembling, tears streaming down your face. Veen took notice immediately and rushed to your aid.

"Y/N! What's wrong?" She asked, putting her hands on your shoulders in an attempt to calm your shaking body. It didn't work much, and you couldn't look her straight in the eye. She pulled you in for a hug, comforting you to the best of her abilities as you cried.

————

Shulk, Chrono, Mythra, and Shellsea all looked over the footage containing Ganondorf talking to the cloaked figure. He was facing away from the camera, with not a lot of body language. Whatever body language there was though, appeared aggressive. Almost like he was demanding something from the person. That cloaked figure never flinched though, fascinating Shulk to no end.

"Shellsea, this is amazing," he said, "I'm sorry I doubted you last night."

"It's fine," Shellsea said, brushing off his apology. Truth be told, she was a bit upset still, but there wasn't any point in saying that.

Another man approached the table. He looked to be in his 20's, maybe around 23 or 24. He was tan, with dark hair that had a purplish hue to it in certain lighting. It was short in the back, but had some longer chunks, also known as "rat's tails", that reached his neck. His eyes were a piercing blue, which went along with his outfit quite well.
He wore a black turtleneck crop top with long sleeves that had electric blue stripes down the sides, along with a white undershirt and basic jeans. His glasses were blue and white, and his shoes were styled similarly to Tails — the Fox from Sonic's world — only they were blue like his eyes.