Ch. 11 - The Battles Begin pt. 2

You step onto the stage moments after Isabelle. The cute and innocent looking dog already has people cheering for her potential win. You also had some people cheering for you - Joro the loudest of them all. You got into your battle stance, and the map began to change form. It took form of a sunny day with an apple tree and green grass. It was vibrant and playful. The battlefield ledges materialized, and Crazy Hand shouted, "GKSDLKFJS-fDF-G-GO!!!!"

         Stage: Green Greens — battlefield form
         Song: Gourmet Race (64)

You dashed forward, but unlike the other fighters, Isabelle did not dash towards you for an epic battle. Instead, she seemed distracted by her fans, waving at them all with a big smile on her face. You smirked to your self as you drew near. This was going to be an easy fight, just like you thought. You rose your sword of light into the air and swung downward!

...

It didn't clash with a body...

You looked to your left, to see Isabelle had darted out of the way, shocked that you'd try to hit her with the sword so soon. You swung again, this time a low sweep. She jumped over it, frantically shaking her arms in fear. You swung again, and she ducked, before rolling back and getting some distance.

You groan a little as you hold your hand out like a general giving his soldiers a command. The ground began to rumble, and rocks of various sizes rose up and shot forward towards Isabelle. She dodged each one, but soon an undodgeable boulder. Isabelle would grab hold of the boulder just as it was about to smack her in the face, and pocketed the object.

Your eyes widen, surprised that she could fit such a big thing in her inventory space. This started to frustrate you too, so you summoned a flame in your hand to launch at her before floating above with your wind powers and shooting the fire at her. Isabelle dodged, before taking the giant rock out of her pocket and throwing it at you.

You get hit, flying backwards towards the edge of the stage. You quickly get up though, drawing the light sword once more. Instead of immediately charging at the dog, you decided to examine her next move. She was quicker than you expected her to be, even if she'd done no significant damage to you on her own. She was starting to bury something in the ground, before standing back. You ran forward, but not at full speed. She scoots back a bit, and you jump to avoid the buried object. You slam your sword down, but she brushes you away with an umbrella.

You start to notice that you're getting tired. This frustrates you, because this doesn't feel like a fair fight. Isabelle isn't trying to attack you - just wear you out until one of her weak attacks can take you out with ease. That isn't something you find acceptable, and you won't stand for it. The dark sword begins to emanate an eerie glow as you unsheathed it. You felt yourself become lost to a more predatorial nature.

Your Adrenaline spiked drastically as your swings become faster. Isabelle is still able to dodge, but she's cutting it real close now. She even looks genuinely terrified several times. You jump above, about to strike with your sword. She shields, but you damage it by fifty percent. Isabelle jumps back, but loses her footing and trips.

Joro is shocked from the crowd, not understanding why you became more aggressive and why the dark sword was emanating that eerie glow.

Veen sees this as well, with her suspicions coming true. She knew she had to talk to you as soon as possible, but she didn't know how long this state of mind would be lasting for you.

As for Chrono, he saw this on the TV in the gym, and had a look of dread on his face that made Little Mac look surprised.

You swing your sword at Isabelle one more time, and she's unable to dodge. She stumbles back, holding onto the ledge. She looks up at you with fear in her eyes, and in an instant, you kick her off the map. Isabelle only manages to survive the fall because of the safety cushions below. She's examined for more serious injuries, as you went a bit harder in that battle than most people did.
Sure, no one necessarily held back in battle, but their intents were never to cause harm, just friendly tournament battle. You on the other hand, had gone full on attack mode just now, scaring lots of the newer fighters, and even some of the old ones.

Soon, the aura around the sword faded, and you collapsed on the stage, unconscious. Medics were rushed onto the stage and took your body to the infirmary.

—————-

"Veen. What was that in the last match with your sibling," Master Hand demanded to know.

"Sir, I don't really know. They have never done that before. But they were having some nightmares the night before," Veen said. Master Hand sighed. Why was his job so stressful...

"They're too dangerous," the entity said, "I have to disqualify them from the match."

"Wh-what?! No way!" Veen shouted, "that's not fair! Isabelle wasn't even badly hurt! Their weapons still didn't cause any fatal injuries!"

"Maybe so," Master hand started, pausing for a bit as he looked outside. He was hesitant to continue, but knew he had to. "If you can promise me that you'll help them manage their powers, I'll let them continue on in the tournament. I don't want another Galeam and Dharkon incident."

Veen rose her eyebrows in confusion. Galeam and Dharkon? Who were those?
While the Smash Bros fighters may know these events, they didn't affect individual worlds in the way that the fighters expected. While a smash bros fighter might say that several worlds were destroyed, the reality of it was that only the smash fighters, staff, guests, and certain parts of their worlds were truly destroyed in those events... according to Kirby, and the later included fighters that showed up a little late to the party.
It wasn't something everyone experienced, evident by Veen not knowing of the incident, because she and her friends from [your hometown here] were never affected by it.

In fact, this may have been how the smash fighters discovered that they could still visit their favorite places while in the Smash Mansion.

"... very well," Veen agreed, "I'll be sure to make sure that y/n is aware of the power they hold. Where are they now?"

"They should be in the infirmary still."

"Thank you."

Veen then left Master Hand's chambers and went to the infirmary to check on your recovery.