Ch. 17 - Exhibition Day Part 1

Trigger Warning: This story contains psychological distress. Normally I don't warrent a warning for this, but it felt on par with the other things I give warning for, so here it is.

That morning Veen woke you up pretty early. Earlier than she would have had it been a tournament match. You were a bit groggy, but made way to the bathrooms to freshen up, and were ready to go in about half an hour. Your friends were all waiting for you outside your bedroom door when you returned from the bathroom, talking amongst each other.

"Can we invite the Corrins? And Leo? And Toon Zel-" Joro was cut off by Chrono as his finger literally covered her lips to shush her.

"No, we can't bring all of those people. Why would we want to be in a big crowd?! But I would like to bring Greninja, if he's willing...."

Veen sighs as bickering erupts from your two friends. You make yourself known by clearing your throat, and suggesting that you all go, regardless if Chrono wants a big group or not. Joro was easy to convince, but Chrono...

He's reluctant, but agrees.

In a matter of minutes, you all arrive at the courtyard with the Corrins and Corrine's kids. Leo politely rejected the offer, saying today he was going to be with Yukari and Joker, while Greninja didn't even show up when Chrono called out for him to invite him. There were lots of activities to be played, and a festive tune of smash bros played all throughout the area. 

            Song: Smash Tour: Map

To your left, you saw several dome arenas. The first one in use right now as Princesses Daisy, Peach, and Rosalina were all fighting, with various items. Rosalina had a bunny hood, Daisy a rocket belt, and Peach the raccoon tail and ears. The second one showed Rayman fighting various wireframe miis seven at a time, and the third one had Ryu fighting against a wire-frame Little Mac. You assumed these were training rooms, or at least the one that Ryu was in must have been.
Across the walkway from the domes were several long catwalk of sorts. Ridley was at one of them alone, then there was Luigi and Toon Ganondorf... you then saw Leo and Joker there as well, with Yukari and her persona attacking a sandbag before blasting it away with a baseball bat. You watched the dummy blast into the sky, never to be seen again.
Slightly towards the center of the perimeter you saw: break the targets to your left, and land on the platforms to your right. Fox, Falco, and Zero Suit Samus we're playing break the targets while Captain Falcon was playing land on the targets.
And directly across from you and your friends, was a mural. Many fighters and guests were having their picture taken at the mural. Some at different areas than the other. There was a door to the left side of the mural, where there was a line with several fighters. The mural had a picture of every single smash bros fighter present in the tournament.

"So, which game do you want to do first?" Corrine asked you. Your friends were all waiting for your answer. You looked a little stressed in your decision, but chose to start with the mural. You wanted to see the picture better for yourself.

"Ah yes, the 'classic' mode," Corrin said with a smile, "those are always fun. We'll head there now."

You all waited in line for some time. There were two versions of the mode, one that catered to the story of an individual fighter, and one that was more aligned with the first version of this game, titled "CLASSIC MODE: 64-bit." You chose to go into the regular version.
It looked like this year, Master Hand was allowing pairs or singles. You decided that you would do a pair up, but weren't sure with who... Corrine and Corrin also looked interested in partaking, but with Kana, Corrine's daughter, being a bit fussy, and Kano, her son, being too shy to leave his mother, the parallel beings agreed that Corrin would partake with you. I'm about 20 minute's time, it was your turn.