Ch. 14 - His Vision

Trigger warning: this chapter contains more graphic violence and death, but as per usual, no blood or described gore.

"Are you sure it was y/n?" Mykel asked, looking a bit quizzically at Shulk.

Shulk nodded. "I'm positive."

"That means we need to keep them away from Ganondorf at all costs."

"Indeed."

Mykel sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "How do you plan to get y/n to not attack Ganondorf though? They're losing control of the darkness you say, so what would even subdue the dark rage? Besides, don't you want Ganondorf to be out of commission? You've been following this Ganon-theory as if it's the only possible outcome."

"I know, and he's STILL part of the problem, but he needs to be stopped, not killed" Shulk responded, trying to defend his actions for keeping who he believes to be evil out of harms way. Mykel just rolls his eyes, not feeling like he can really get a say in the matter anyways.

Shulk put a hand up to his chin, thinking on the matter. Shulk knew you were wanting to see the fighters in action, and didn't want to disappoint you. After all, despite his vision, you were still his friend, and he cared deeply for you.

"Alright. If I recall, your fight is supposed to be tonight after dinner, in roughly an hour. I can try and talk to Master Hand about rescheduling your fight to tomorrow, and have Link and Wii Fit Trainer fight today." Shulk said, "then you and I will have our matches tomorrow at the same time. This will result in y/n going to see your fight, I'm sure. Because they're not attending my match."
Mykel nodded in agreement and let Shulk handle the business necessary.

---

Mykel and Snake approached the battlefield face to face, and it began to transform. A familiar place for Mykel, but not so much for Snake. The bright green grass, checkered printed dirt, and the famous loop-de-loops made this place the all too familiar Green Hill Zone! Some believe Mykel came from Sonic's world, as there were humans that resided there alongside the animals.

         Stage: Green Hill Zone — battlefield form
        Song: Seven Rings in Hand

The battle began, and Snake immediately hopped up to the third platform of the battlefield and started to set up his mortar, with the hopes that Mykel would be slow. Mykel jumped up after him and immediately dashed towards him and bombarded him with his flurry of fists. Once there was an opening, Snake rolled back and landed on the lower platform, putting down one of his remote bombs immediately before rolling to the base platform. Mykel went in for the hit, barely dodging the bomb on the ground. He hopped over it, just as Snake pressed the button to detonate it. Mykel would do a drop kick, hitting Snake, before trying to launch him back with another kick. Snake dodged, getting one of his bombs onto Mykel before taking out his mechanical flight device and flying up into the air. He'd chuckle to himself as he detonated the bomb.

Normally one would die from this. However, thanks to the safety measurements Master Hand took to make sure nothing was fatal, the explosion would release a taze if anything- anything that looked like a legitimate explosion was special effects thanks to his advanced technology.

Mykel flinched at the pain, dropping to his knee as he took his blaster off his belt and shot at Snake, causing some knockback from impact. Snake would stay on two feet though, and rushed with his fists ready for attacking.

A fist fight begun between the two, and you were more than certain that Snake would have this in the bag. He lunged at Mykel, shoving him off the edge of the map. Snake then crouched and took out his missile launcher, and shot a missile straight for his foe. Mykel was wide eyed as he reached for his gun once more, barely dodging out of the way of the incoming missile. Mykel would then grapple onto the ledge, and pull himself up, low-kicking as he climbed to the stage. Snake dodged the kick, and readied his next attack. Mykel kicks Snake off the map and goes in for the lunge. Snake uses his flight device to recover, and the two battle for the ledge. Letting go, kicking and punching, recovering, rinse and repeat. You're at the edge of your seat grinning, anticipating the win. You've never been more excited for a battle in your life!